Page 177 of 418 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178179180181187227277 ... LastLast
Results 2,113 to 2,124 of 5008

Thread: 2018 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Can't understand why shiel would leave a club in the premiership window for a struggler. Must be big money.
    Richmond were a struggler two years ago. The 'Dogs won the flag two years ago and are now a struggler. The game can and does change pretty quickly at times.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    Re Sheils. Sts don't have pick 5 its 3.
    True, but I think that people have been working on the assumption, that the Lynch compensation pick will bump them to 4. Not sure where the other bump is coming from?

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    I was a bit surprised when Paul Connors said Sheil won't be dealing with Swans, considering he & his girlfriend are happy to stay in Sydney and we will have cap space to make him an attractive offer. It seems bit at odds imo. This insuates both club & player don't want to deal with us regardless.
    Yeah, well, we don't want to deal with grubby, dirty them.
    They have all the manufactured talent in the world... and they use grubby and dirty to win games (Stevie J, I'm looking directly at you).
    I'm pretty sure there's a clause in the no dickheads policy that bans us from even dealing with dickheads.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    What you overlook is the extra exposure playing in footy mad Melbourne gives good players.

This can be used, and often is, to prepell their future careers...Especially if they wish to remain in the footy industry. But not exclusive to it.

Some take advantage of their notoriety and put their money into Restaurants, bars etc.

Many a career has been forged on the back of footy in Melbourne.

Hannebery alluded to this in an interview recently, when giving his reasons for wanting to return to Melbourne.
    Hanners has a marketing degree... at the Redback cocktail function earlier this year, he spent a bit of time talking marketing with my plus one.
    He didn't mention anything about wanting to do marketing in Melbourne - in fact, he said he'd like to talk to my friend about working in Sydney.
    Ah... how the story changes in the space of six months!!
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    I'm pretty sure we didn't force him to stay... I think it was more of a case of he was maybe asking a bit overs and no one else wanted him at that price.
    You are right. I looked back into it yesterday. He was out of contract, but despite Collingwood, Carlton and Hawthorn sniffing around, no one actually made a play for him and he stayed with the Swans won the Norm Smith etc. Roos handled it very well, in that nonchalant way of his.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Yeah, well, we don't want to deal with grubby, dirty them.
    They have all the manufactured talent in the world... and they use grubby and dirty to win games (Stevie J, I'm looking directly at you).
    I'm pretty sure there's a clause in the no dickheads policy that bans us from even dealing with dickheads.

- - - Updated - - -

Hanners has a marketing degree... at the Redback cocktail function earlier this year, he spent a bit of time talking marketing with my plus one.
    He didn't mention anything about wanting to do marketing in Melbourne - in fact, he said he'd like to talk to my friend about working in Sydney.
    Ah... how the story changes in the space of six months!!
    It isn't unfair that people can change their minds and pursue different opportunities when they arise. I am sure that in your life you have done the same at various times.

My memory of the O'Keefe saga was that Pelchen wouldn't give us anything more than a 3rd round pick so we stood our ground.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

It was pre free agency so that made a big difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    2nd round but because the Hawks won the premiership that year, it would have been the last pick in the 2nd round

O'Keefe trade hits impasse - AFL.com.au

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    True, but I think that people have been working on the assumption, that the Lynch compensation pick will bump them to 4. Not sure where the other bump is coming from?
    Well they definetly said pick 5 on the radio when talking about Shiels to St Kilda. Could be an mistake or maybe Gold Coast will get pick 3 and 4 for Lynch and May going? I know it's been mentioned about Hannas talking about his trade to St Kilda, but no one mentioned what he said with regards to trading " something is definetly brewing at the Swans" I see Chad Wingard will not be playing for Port Adeliade next year? Or maybe Gaff or Neale?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wink

Being that Shiel is a finals choker , he might like being at a club that doesn't make them.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    Being that Shiel is a finals choker , he might like being at a club that doesn't make them.
    Yeah I'm not sure we should be making any jokes about finals chokes, we are the kings of it

These days , for some players, it seems to be much more about how much money they can get out of the game in their window of activity whether they are contracted or not.
    Do they actually care whether the club that gives them the most coin achieves success or plays finals or wins a premiership which is in direct contrast to the desires of the fans.