Page 28 of 418 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

If we had to keep one of Lloyd or Hanners? Right now it would be Lloyd

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Hanners finally looked to be running freely. If he gets back to 100 per cent fitness, he will be a star again. Only 27.

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Heard Eddie on his MMM breakfast show this morning mumble something about only the Northern States are able to draft brothers to play together via their academies. As such, Eddie proposed a brother rule where the bidding works the same as the Father-Son. Luke Darcy duly agreed it was a good idea!
    Seeshhh what next???? Mother-Son with AFLW, Father-Daughter etc...
    Kevin Bartlett (SEN) was banging on about a Grandfather-Grandson rule earlier this year!
    Update: Luke Darcy had another nibble at this on Talking Footy tonight (7mate), where Nathan Jones (Melb) was guest. Darcy mentioned to Nathan under this rule Melbourne would have Zac Jones. Nathan responded that he tried to convince his brother last year to sign with them when his contract was up, but he was happy in Sydney. It was mentioned Zac's contract expires again next year leaving the option open for the Dees having another crack. Rest of the panel didn't show any interest in this brother rule proposal.

Looking at that 2013 draft where were picked up Zac with our pick 15, If Melbourne were that keen on Zac that could've done so with their pick 8 which they used on Christian Salem instead. Couldn't help noticing some real gems were picked up late in that draft, notably Jeremy McGovern 74 (WCE), Rory Laird 86 (Adelaide) and of course our own Daniel Rampe at 90

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...120-2xuwr.html
    Last edited by KSAS; 22nd May 2018 at 12:49 AM.

Update: Luke Darcy had another nibble at this on Talking Footy tonight (7mate), where Nathan Jones (Melb) was guest. Darcy mentioned to Nathan under this rule Melbourne would have Zac Jones. Nathan responded that he tried to convince his brother last year to sign with them when his contract was up, but he was happy in Sydney. It was mentioned Zac's contract expires again next year leaving the option open for the Dees having another crack. Rest of the panel didn't show any interest in this brother rule proposal.

Looking at that 2013 draft where were picked up Zac with our pick 15, If Melbourne were that keen on Zac that could've done so with their pick 8 which they used on Christian Salem instead. Couldn't help noticing some real gems were picked up late in that draft, notably Jeremy McGovern 74 (WCE), Rory Laird 86 (Adelaide) and of course our own Daniel Rampe at 90

All 3 of those were rookie upgrades so those figures are fudged.
    I FEEL THE NEED FOR SPEED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Lloyd everyday of the week for mine

Quote Originally Posted by wedge.maverick View Post
    All 3 of those were rookie upgrades so those figures are fudged.
    Gotch ya, explains the picks going so far deep down the list. Thanks W.M

Regular in the Side

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Alex was running for the NEAFL side on Saturday, which suggests he's not too far away from resuming with the team.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Good article......if the day arrives that he finally runs out with the first's, it will be a great day indeed.

On the veteran's list
    of course our own Daniel Rampe at 90

Dane's brother?
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Dane's brother?
    Caught me out there, Dane it is of course! Not sure if Dane has any brothers playing in the footy ranks?

So, back to the Hanners discussion.

I love him. He was robbed not to win the Norm Smith (sorry ROK). He�s been a cracker since his debut. At his best, he runs and plays desperately. He�s a tough SoB and amazingly so (think the contest with Hale in the 2012 GF or the contest with Hurley a few years back). He�s a bloke who can go inside and out.

In short, one of my favourite players full stop, and one most mates who follow another club rate most.

Now, what happens next depend on your view around our list.

Me. I�m in the crew that says we aren�t quite getting a flag with our current list, but we are already doing a good job of renewing it and the job is to squeeze another in the final years of Buddy�s contract. If so, how do we get it?

We did a great job two years ago with Ollie and Hayward. McCartin looks terrific. This year we get Blakey but will lose points doing so, even allowing for the extra second round pick.

So how do we go big and bold to get another top player, via the draft or other means. We have to give something.

The idea of seeing Hanners in another jumper revolts me. But it may be needed. If not him, who else would you give to get something substantial? Would love to hear alternatives on players and/or methods.