Page 334 of 418 FirstFirst ... 234284324330331332333334335336337338344384 ... LastLast
Results 3,997 to 4,008 of 5008

Thread: 2018 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Status quo for Swans, but 2019 raid looms

Status quo for Swans, but 2019 raid looms - AFL.com.au

Much of what was discussed on here has been summarised in this article by Adam Curley on the AFL website: Status quo for Swans, but 2019 raid looms - AFL.com.au

Should I be upset that Adam Curley is plagiarizing my material or should I let people believe that Adam Curley is a nom de plume for Ludwig? Heres'a a sentence from the article:

In players like Isaac Heeney (22 years old), Callum Mills (21), George Hewett (22), Aliir (24), Will Hayward (19), Zak Jones (23), Tom McCartin (18), Oliver Florent (20), Lewis Melican (21), Tom Papley (22), Ben Ronke (20), Matthew Ling (19) and Ryley Stoddart (19), the Swans have a group of players under 25 capable of forming the core of Longmire's team for the next decade.

I like Adam Curley, so it's okay, but Damian Barrett can write his own Scheiße,

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Much of what was discussed on here has been summarised in this article by Adam Curley on the AFL website: Status quo for Swans, but 2019 raid looms - AFL.com.au

Should I be upset that Adam Curley is plagiarizing my material or should I let people believe that Adam Curley is a nom de plume for Ludwig? Heres'a a sentence from the article:

In players like Isaac Heeney (22 years old), Callum Mills (21), George Hewett (22), Aliir (24), Will Hayward (19), Zak Jones (23), Tom McCartin (18), Oliver Florent (20), Lewis Melican (21), Tom Papley (22), Ben Ronke (20), Matthew Ling (19) and Ryley Stoddart (19), the Swans have a group of players under 25 capable of forming the core of Longmire's team for the next decade.

I like Adam Curley, so it's okay, but Damian Barrett can write his own Scheiße,
    I was about to post that Curley might have written that article by summarising about half a dozen of your recent posts.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Status quo for Swans, but 2019 raid looms

Status quo for Swans, but 2019 raid looms - AFL.com.au
    A sensible appraisal of all things Swans atm.....as opposed to Barrett's 'fake news' drivel.....and a lesson to some posters here on how to 'chill'. I, like Harley and Horse, have massive confidence in our list and future. Our best 22 can be a powerful team.

I thought our trade period was a bit underwhelming but nevertheless happy with us bringing in Thurlow & Clarke for late picks. I have faith they'll blossom into better players & opportunities under our system.

I remember posting before the trade period that we could be freeing cap space as a strategy to afford retaining our young & upcoming stars as they advance, rather than landing a big fish. Not to be caught out again losing a player like Mitchell cause of cap squeeze. Harley did state before & after the trade period the club's primary focus was in retaining required talent, which they've achieved with the re-signings. Wouldn't surprise me if we follow the same strategy next year, but it will largely depend how we fare next season.
    Last edited by KSAS; 20th October 2018 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Harley did state before & after the trade period the club's primary focus was in retaining required talent, which they've achieved with the re-signings. Wouldn't surprise me if we follow the same strategy next year, but it will largely depend how we fare next season.
    I think you are spot on. Backing our list in for 2019 with a war chest in reserve to cover any holes.

It amazes me how little the "experts" all based in Melb know about most teams outside Victoria. Listening to these "experts" all the last 10 days, it really reinforced that. Wallace and company, all have Swans in bottom half in 2019 because we didnt get any big fish. I totally agree with Eagles Simpson that AFL is too Melbourne biased including the draw, the sadly misinformed media dominated, even Fox Footy AFL 360. Why is it that Robinson's paper and Whatley's SEN are the only media quoted? We all know there are quality media around Australia who would add quality comments to a dedicated footy channel for all Australia. I hope Simpson talks to all the non Victorian club coaches to add to his discussion with AFL Commission. Otherwise its just Eddie's thoughts that count ha ha

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by rickmat View Post
    It amazes me how little the "experts" all based in Melb know about most teams outside Victoria. Listening to these "experts" all the last 10 days, it really reinforced that. Wallace and company, all have Swans in bottom half in 2019 because we didnt get any big fish. I totally agree with Eagles Simpson that AFL is too Melbourne biased including the draw, the sadly misinformed media dominated, even Fox Footy AFL 360. Why is it that Robinson's paper and Whatley's SEN are the only media quoted? We all know there are quality media around Australia who would add quality comments to a dedicated footy channel for all Australia. I hope Simpson talks to all the non Victorian club coaches to add to his discussion with AFL Commission. Otherwise its just Eddie's thoughts that count ha ha
    Melbourne incestuous media bubble preaching incessantly, shallowly and ignorantly to the converted. Very little of depth.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Given that BF's contract was widely reported to be heavily back ended when he signed it - why would anyone imagine the Swans would be doing anything other than shedding players (let alone landing a big fish) in this or any future trade period until said contract has been completed?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    Given that BF's contract was widely reported to be heavily back ended when he signed it - why would anyone imagine the Swans would be doing anything other than shedding players (let alone landing a big fish) in this or any future trade period until said contract has been completed?
    Because the cap has increased since that deal was signed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    It was back ended because it was anticipated that Tippett's salary would no longer be payable which is what has happened albeit a little earlier than expected.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by moocher View Post
    It was back ended because it was anticipated that Tippett's salary would no longer be payable which is what has happened albeit a little earlier than expected.
    Yep. https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...009-2v8qk.html