Page 87 of 418 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187 ... LastLast
Results 1,033 to 1,044 of 5008

Thread: 2018 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    Nico, even at the start of this season, I would have argued this with you.

I've been a staunch Rohan defender since he walked in the door, but your comments are resonating with me.

Like you, I don't underestimate the broken leg, other injuries and the awful family tragedy; but, I keep remembering his ordinary efforts in some really big games, his generally low numbers and his capacity to over run the ball so many times with his extreme pace being almost uncontrollable.

I reckon the Swans would seriously entertain a reasonable offer.

Hate to say it.
    I'm thinking along the same lines. He's always been one of my favourites because of what he's been through and how high his ceiling could be. However, it would seem that he will never reach his true potential. Whether the reason for this is his injury history, his lack of stamina or his inability to read the play I just don't know. I'd be willing to accept a third round pick just to get him off our books.

When buddy goes, we poach the next big thing. Simple

Veterans List
    Mills is already a star.

[QUOTE=Aprilbr;758563]Robbo mentioned on his Likes/ Dislikes column for the Herald Sun that Essendon see Parker as a trade target! I cannot see that happening. He is surely one of our untouchables and he is signed up for several more years? Bomber arrogance I think.

This was mentioned by Tom Morris OTC tonight but Gary Lyon immediately said that ain't gonna happen, mentioning the Bombers are hotly pursuing Dylan Shiel (as are Hawthorn & Carlton).

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post

No tank.
    I wonder if Rohan’s lack of tank - as in we got burnt by Gaz - was a factor in it becoming a requirement for Swans draftees?

Senior Player
    To me, it seems that Rohan's confidence is at an all-time low, combined with distractions off the field, as a result his performances are at an all-time low. I have faith in him to bounce back next season. He's a luxury item when the team are up and about and one that with only a few involvements in the game can have an influence on the result. I say we stay. But, if he wants to be closer to his family, I would not begrudge him moving on.
    C'mon Chels!

I'm hoping Hanners stays, as at this stage neither he or the Swans want to part ways.

However it was reported last evening (Caro on Footy Classified I think) that GWS are entertaining the idea of trading Dylan Shiel now to get better deal, rather than waiting 1 year when he becomes a Free Agent. That being the case & if we get St Kilda's pick 4 for Hanners (as rumoured), would that pick 4 be suffice for GWS to trade Dylan Shiel to us? Effectively swapping Hanners for Shiel?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    I'm hoping Hanners stays, as at this stage neither he or the Swans want to part ways.

However it was reported last evening (Caro on Footy Classified I think) that GWS are entertaining the idea of trading Dylan Shiel now to get better deal, rather than waiting 1 year when he becomes a Free Agent. That being the case & if we get St Kilda's pick 4 for Hanners (as rumoured), would that pick 4 be suffice for GWS to trade Dylan Shiel to us? Effectively swapping Hanners for Shiel?
    That trade seems a bit of a stretch, but as Chris Scott said last night, if the offer is good enough then everybody is tradeable.
    I've always found it interesting that we've never got anyone good from GWS. They do actually already live here.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    That trade seems a bit of a stretch, but as Chris Scott said last night, if the offer is good enough then everybody is tradeable.
    I've always found it interesting that we've never got anyone good from GWS. They do actually already live here.
    What about Harry Cunningham?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Any many of them live closer to the SCG than wherever the Giants' training base is. I'm pretty sure Shiel lives within a ten or so minute walk of where I live. I've seen him down at Clovelly beach on a handful of occasions, either walking his dog or (once) walking Stephen Coniglio.

It's occurred to me to suggest to him that he'd look far better in red and white than in orange.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Any many of them live closer to the SCG than wherever the Giants' training base is. I'm pretty sure Shiel lives within a ten or so minute walk of where I live. I've seen him down at Clovelly beach on a handful of occasions, either walking his dog or (once) walking Stephen Coniglio.

It's occurred to me to suggest to him that he'd look far better in red and white than in orange.
    I assume that is meant to be, walking with Stephen Coniglio, not, "walking Stephen Coniglio"? If not, I hope you took a photo?

Quote Originally Posted by penga View Post
    To me, it seems that Rohan's confidence is at an all-time low, combined with distractions off the field, as a result his performances are at an all-time low. I have faith in him to bounce back next season. He's a luxury item when the team are up and about and one that with only a few involvements in the game can have an influence on the result. I say we stay. But, if he wants to be closer to his family, I would not begrudge him moving on.
    After all these years you'd have to say the guy just can't find the ball. I think of him like Corey McKernan - flashes of brilliance but that's all. Some people are "ball magnets" like Mitchell some aren't. When he has 10 disposals with one or two "great moments" I think of an imaginary alternative player who might have 20 possessions, no brilliance, but linking up with others to be more consistently effective. Great moments are nice but a hard working honest player, like Hewett, will always deliver more. I love Rohan as a person. I have no doubt he gives 100% and he loves the club but the sad reality is he hasn't lived up to the hype when we recruited him. He has little trade value but I'd like him to move on. Maybe the change of scene would do him good and I'd like him to do well.