Page 88 of 418 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138188 ... LastLast
Results 1,045 to 1,056 of 5008

Thread: 2018 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Doesn't Shiel want to be traded back to Melbourne?

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Doesn't Shiel want to be traded back to Melbourne?
    Yes ... South Melbourne! Bring him into the fold I say.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    What about Harry Cunningham?
    He trained with their academy, but they didn't actually draft him.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Any many of them live closer to the SCG than wherever the Giants' training base is. I'm pretty sure Shiel lives within a ten or so minute walk of where I live. I've seen him down at Clovelly beach on a handful of occasions, either walking his dog or (once) walking Stephen Coniglio.

It's occurred to me to suggest to him that he'd look far better in red and white than in orange.
    It's worth a shot I think. Maybe mention that charcoal & orange is all a bit faddish compared to the gravitas and sense of
    fulfilment & responsibility that comes with wearing Red & White.

Veterans List
    If we snagged Shiel then our midfield is set for years. Top player, particularly out of the centre.

Getting Shiel would cost more than pick 4 me thinks , he is a jet ( the explosive type player we lack in our midfield ). Would probably need to throw in a decent player too. And we don’t even have pick 4 yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do GWS need Darcy Moore?
    You see where I'm going here
    Can dream...
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    Do GWS need Darcy Moore?
    You see where I'm going here
    Can dream...
    I can see it. Collingwood trade Darcy Moore for Dylan Shiel. Then everyone can stop talking about Darcy Moore or Dylan Shiel coming to the Swans. Sweet Dreams indeed.

Caroline Wilson says (on 3AW Sportday) that Hanners will be at St. Kilda next year, and you can take it to the bank. 4 year deal plus an option for a 5th. She seems very certain.

Does Caro have a good record on these predictions? I've never kept a record on her prognostications.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Caroline Wilson says (on 3AW Sportday) that Hanners will be at St. Kilda next year, and you can take it to the bank. 4 year deal plus an option for a 5th. She seems very certain.

Does Caro have a good record on these predictions? I've never kept a record on her prognostications.
    No idea, she's not noted for being a trade rumour monger like some of the other tossers.

If Hanners is going to the Saints, you'd think it would have to involve their pick 4 but I'm not sure Hanners is going.

As for Shiel, he's contracted for next year and will be held to his contract, GWS aren't winning a flag next year without him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post

So hard to know who is the cat and who the mouse with the Hanners trade. Surely if the Swans want to keep him they’ll refuse to let him go with 3 years left on his contract. So trade would have to be in our interest.

Putting 2+2 together I wonder if (1) the Swans encouraged Hanners to seek new pastures, hence the flurry of Hanners to x, y, stories a while back (2) Saints bit through the Lethlean connection (3) they are finalising terms.

That makes me optimistic we have a PHP (post-Hanners-plan) in place. Sheil would be a worthy replacement!

Either that or it’s all bull.

St Kilda have said they're interested in Hanners and lots of journos have clearly followed it up and confirmed it to the extent that they even know some of the particulars. There is a scenarios where this trade would make sense for the Swans and would imagine that this scenario has also been part of any negotiations. There must be some agreement about these things for the story to still have legs now. It's hard to know how many more pieces have to fall into place to get it done. There must be a lot of negativity in some quarters at St Kilda given Hanners poor form this year.