Page 363 of 418 FirstFirst ... 263313353359360361362363364365366367373413 ... LastLast
Results 4,345 to 4,356 of 5008

Thread: 2018 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Is it just me or does Hanners look smaller? The arms? The chest?
    I thought the same to. It may be the lack of padding/taping that we've been used to seeing as some have suggested. This was his first session with the Saints which was a meet & greet rather than any intense training, which may explain their absence.
    Last edited by KSAS; 9th November 2018 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    He's been injured for two years and had just come back at the end of last year.

Three time all Australian in his prime years, he'll be massive.

Disgraceful trading on our part. Pick 38 was it?
    I've heard St.Kilda are not really expecting Hannebery to return to his elite best, but rather producing serviceable performances & parting much needed leadership/experience to the team. If so, this makes me think St Kilda know they were taking a risk having to fork out $800k contract for him and demanded our 2nd round pick (28) in return to get the trade done, as it seems BOTH clubs don't really think Hanners will return to his elite best.
    Last edited by KSAS; 9th November 2018 at 01:12 AM.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    I've heard St.Kilda are not really expecting Hannebery to return to his elite best, but rather producing serviceable performances & parting much needed leadership/experience to the team. If so, this makes me think St Kilda know they were taking a risk having to fork out $800k contract for him and demanded our 2nd round pick (28) in return to get the trade done, as it seems BOTH clubs don't really think Hanners will return to his elite best.
    That's a lot of $$'s and a long contract for a bit of leadership and experience!!

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Given the Saints had missed out on their other targets, they were desperate to land a player of note, if only to give them something to sell to their members,

and potential members, in the form of hope for the future. I reckon, and it's only my opinion,

they would of caved had we stood firm on the trade being their 2nd rounder and future 2nd rounder, and maybe a 3rd rounder back from us.

They needed this trade to happen, or they would have virtually nothing to show from the trade period...Which would mean treading water at best to their supporters.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Senior Player
    So Menzel has had his second medical, lets hope he passed it as we desperately need quality alternatives to Bud up forward

AFL site also reports that we are one of the clubs to have interviewed former Pie rookie and Sandover medallist Jye Bolton

We were ripped off.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    We were ripped off.
    Ah...another well considered and insightful view from one of our favourite posters.
    "Give a man an airline and he will rob the people. Give a man a government and he will rob the world"

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post

AFL site also reports that we are one of the clubs to have interviewed former Pie rookie and Sandover medallist Jye Bolton
    Boltons have generally gone ok for us in recent history so he'd be worth a look...

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Boltons have generally gone ok for us in recent history so he'd be worth a look...

LOL good point

The other thing it shows (whether we draft him or not), is that mature age talent to assist our midfield is on our radar

Veteran Site Admin
    From US to Sydney: Delisted Cat has medical with Swans - AFL.com.au

This article from the AFL site gives some information about the progress of the Menzel potential recruitment, the likely time frame for the club making a decision, and explains why it might be slower than some on here seem to want.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    and explains why it might be slower than some on here seem to want.
    It's just like the kiddies hanging out for Xmas.......then opening that shiny new pressie to discover a pair of socks.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    It's just like the kiddies hanging out for Xmas.......then opening that shiny new pressie to discover a pair of socks.
    Part of me loves that we're a professional organisation who like to keep our cards close to our chest (we even drag out our delistings), but on the other hand it does make for a frustrating trade/draft period!