Page 310 of 418 FirstFirst ... 210260300306307308309310311312313314320360410 ... LastLast
Results 3,709 to 3,720 of 5008

Thread: 2018 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Poor old Stewie Dew.

Scrimshaw is just a Mummy's Boy. Will never amount to anything.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Scrimshaw is just a Mummy's Boy. Will never amount to anything.

This, soft as a marshmallow

See Josh Francou has joined the Suns

The player movement in this trade period is disgusting. Everyone appears to be Vic bound in an effort to go home. GC, Lions and GWS are copping the brunt of it. I hate that the likes of the Pies, Hawks and Roos can just bolster their lists with talent. I'm eager to weigh up the disparity of traffic moving north after tomorrow. It seems as though if have a club south of the border, then you can have everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    The player movement in this trade period is disgusting. Everyone appears to be Vic bound in an effort to go home. GC, Lions and GWS are copping the brunt of it. I hate that the likes of the Pies, Hawks and Roos can just bolster their lists with talent. I'm eager to weigh up the disparity of traffic moving north after tomorrow. It seems as though if have a club south of the border, then you can have everyone.
    Feeder clubs for the Victorians. Like I’ve pointed out before to recruit or re-sign players the northern clubs have to pay overs in regards to contracts.

Which in turn means the cap will always be tight for the northern clubs which means the Victorian clubs will pick off players from north of the boarder regularly.

It won’t change anytime soon.

what a crap trade period for a swans fan

Senior Player
    The worst of it was that tool at Port threatening the Suns not to draft Rankine & Lukosius. And what has the AFL said about that? Nothing

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Poor old Stewie Dew.
    I have a lot of goodwill towards the Suns, particularly after this trade period. I hope their draftees commit and Dew is given a decent chance to rebuild them.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Poor old Stewie Dew.
    Yes, talk about a year from hell, that bloke has had...

I believe we can play alir reg and melican in the same side
    Reg is locked down but can cover alot of ground check out his kms
    Alir melican very mobile
    I want to see Alir Melican in the same team almost as much as Buddy and Reid

Regular in the Side
    I am happy that we are not overactive in trading in a swag of fringe players. Duryea we went cold on, Moore, Vandenberg and Langdon all decided to stay put. We let go a couple of highly rated non performers in Hannebery and Rohan and got one fringe player in Clarke who North fans were not too disappointed to lose. What we really need is to get our list of crocks on the park. Tippett, Hanners, Foote, AJ and Rohan are now gone but we still have Naismith, McVeigh, Reid, Melican, Ling, Mills and Pink on our list who collectively spent more time injured than playing. That is twelve players who under contributed this year because of injury. You can also say that others including Franklin, Jack, Kennedy, Parker, Grundy and Smith were playing at less than 100% a good deal of the time.

The last two years I have gone through Xmas thinking that we have a flag winning list of players but by Round one realised that our injury and unfit list was far longer than it should be. Get our fitness and availability list up and we will be very competitive. Fail that and we will again disappoint.