Page 373 of 418 FirstFirst ... 273323363369370371372373374375376377383 ... LastLast
Results 4,465 to 4,476 of 5008

Thread: 2018 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Veterans List
    My dad heard an interview with Hanners and he kept saying "swans" instead of "saints". He still has red and white in him ๐Ÿ˜Š...he's just added some black ๐Ÿ˜ž.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    My dad heard an interview with Hanners and he kept saying "swans" instead of "saints". He still has red and white in him ๐Ÿ˜Š...he's just added some black ๐Ÿ˜ž.
    I have no hard feelings for Dan. He gave us 10 years of his football life.

It wasn't like he was here for 2 years then requested a trade 'because of homesickness' or ' a chance to play in front of large crowds'. Good luck to him.

Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    I have no hard feelings for Dan. He gave us 10 years of his football life.

It wasn't like he was here for 2 years then requested a trade 'because of homesickness' or ' a chance to play in front of large crowds'. Good luck to him.
    +1

Anyone know if Ling has surfaced at Preseason Training ?

Regular in the Side
    I am getting quite astounded by the continued bastardisation of the rookie list by Gill. With clubs delisting fringe players with the promise of re-rookieing them and now Gill allowing Mummy to join GWS and Clarke to join Essendon without going through the draft it is fast becoming a veterans list, the complete opposite of what the original intent of the rookie list was. It now seems that any player who was ever on an AFL list or who nominated for the draft in a previous year can go straight onto the rookie list as a Cat A rookie via the SSP. The SSP rules have not been published yet as Gill is still making them up but I am sure there will be a clause to prohibit the Swans taking Jye Bolton via this route. If Mitch McGuire or Angus Baker has previously nominated for the draft we could possibly sign them via this route.

Regular in the Side
    What is the rookie list now?
    A place to manage salary cap on retired players; Langford, Tippett!
    Somewhere to park long term injuries: Broomhead
    Somewhere to serve a drug suspension: Murray
    A place for players to be brought in to fill a short term need: Mumford, Clarke and growing
    An extension of the senior list by delisting and re rookieing: A very long list of players see Freo, North, Pies, Tigers etc.
    It is no longer a place for young footballers who miss out on being drafted because most rookie lists are now near full with all of the above.

Apologies with my previous post as a link i copied/pasted seemed to have screwed up the thread formatting!

Take Two:

According to the West Australian, Harry Marsh is likely to be rookie listed by West Coast.
    I'm not going to attempt to copy/paste the link again, but you can easily search for it under "Harry Marsh West Coast"

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Apologies with my previous post as a link i copied/pasted seemed to have screwed up the thread formatting!

Take Two:

According to the West Australian, Harry Marsh is likely to be rookie listed by West Coast.
    I'm not going to attempt to copy/paste the link again, but you can easily search for it under "Harry Marsh West Coast"
    They might rookie his brother as well who has a lot more talent but was unsettled during his time at the Pies.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    They might rookie his brother as well who has a lot more talent but was unsettled during his time at the Pies.
    The article that KSAS was referring to actually says that his brother (Jonathon) is actually moving back to Victoria to play VFL. Which is weird because he asked Collingwood to release him for the final year of his contract because he wanted to head back to Perth.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    The article that KSAS was referring to actually says that his brother (Jonathon) is actually moving back to Victoria to play VFL. Which is weird because he asked Collingwood to release him for the final year of his contract because he wanted to head back to Perth.
    I saw an article recently where he says he went back to Perth because he was struggling mentally in Melbourne. Has being doing a lot of work on his mental health in that time and is ready to give AFL another crack - moving to Melbourne to play VFL shows he's serious about it

Veteran Site Admin
    โ€œThereโ€™s probably some comparisons": Swans academy prospect likened to Franklin

Blakey (Nick) was interviewed on SEN (yesterday I think) - above is a link to the interview. There's nothing particularly earth shattering revealed in it but Nick handles himself well (fielding questions about his similarities to Buddy, and being asked to comment on the state of football in Sydney and the role of the academies).

Veterans List
    Twomey's latest top 30 ranking (not a phantom draft) are an interesting read. Has slipped Blakey out to 8.

Did like comments on a lot of the players tied to other clubs where most seem as if they'll get bids by other clubs at the right stage. Gold Coast with their raft of top 30 picks could cause some pain in Victoria if they chose to :-)

Nice interview with Blakey, level headed mature answers, plugged the academy, already doing a bit of training at the club, worth a listen.
    Last edited by 707; 16th November 2018 at 04:27 PM.