Page 414 of 418 FirstFirst ... 314364404410411412413414415416417418 LastLast
Results 4,957 to 4,968 of 5008

Thread: 2018 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Rampe signs until 2022

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Rampe signs until 2022
    That's done nice and early, comes out of contract same time as Buddy :-)

What other big names need re-signing during 2019?

I believe that Zac Jones will come out of contract at the end of this coming season.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    I believe that Zac Jones will come out of contract at the end of this coming season.

Zac Jones is to get his wish & play midfield next season. It's his chance to shine and take that next step with his development. If he has good season, I personally think he'll re-sign and stay because he now has a greater opportunity to develop further with us as a midfielder than if he went join his brother at Melbourne, as they now bat deep in that department.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    This is a video of the Suns’s room during draft night. It shows that they strongly suspected, even possibly knew for sure, that the Swans were going to select McLennan with the second round pick we got from West Coast. Is explains why they gave up so much to move ahead of us

DRAFT NIGHT DRAMA: Suns play high-stakes game to get their man - AFL.com.au
    Last edited by ugg; 12th December 2018 at 09:59 PM.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    This is a video of the Suns’s room during draft night. It shows that they strongly suspected, even possibly knew for sure, that the Swans were going to select McLennan with the second round pick we got from GWS. Is explains why they gave up so much to move ahead of us

DRAFT NIGHT DRAMA: Suns play high-stakes game to get their man - AFL.com.au
    I noticed someone (I think it was Dew) question (sensibly) whether they wanted McLennan because they wanted him, or just because they thought another club (ie Sydney) was ultra keen on him. He got the answer he was looking for, but it was good to see him challenging the group.

As I said earlier in this thread, I have no idea whether Sydney were as keen on McLennan as the Suns were convinced we were, and none of knows how the careers of the players will pan out. But I'm pretty happy we used that second pick on an inside midfielder (a major list need) rather than a medium sized half-back flanker. Especially as we picked up a few of that type later in the drafts, and we drafted two last year. And many of the other reasonably well-regarded ( in the media, at least) inside midfielders were picked soon after we chose Rowbottom, so there's no guarantee the club could have used their next pick to draft a player of that ilk that they rated.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    After re watching COR's games this year, in my mind he should be starting 22 so we need at least one more Irishman to be developing, why not take a couple!
    I only remember his game agasint the Roos, and the NEAFL GF.
    Played well enough in the seniors to see he is not out of his league, and was outstanding in the GF under extreme pressure.

I hope to see more of him in the seniors this year.

Clearly it's a make or break year for COR.

Veterans List
    Ireland quoted as saying after Hanners, Rohan & Tippett going that we've got room to chase a big fish.

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Ireland quoted as saying after Hanners, Rohan & Tippett going that we've got room to chase a big fish.
    It not just those three who got cut to make salary cap space.

Here is the list: Kurt Tippett (rookie-list), Alex Johnson (delisted), Dean Towers (delisted), Jordan Foote (delisted), Angus Styles (delisted), Jake Brown (delisted), Dan Hannebery (traded to St Kilda), Gary Rohan (traded to Geelong), Nic Newman (traded to Carlton), Dan Robinson (delisted), Harry Marsh (delisted)

Basically three & four year players are paid more than first years and rookies.

Newman, Marsh, Towers, Robbo, AJ, Foote, would have all been earning a lot more than any first year players.

Then there is the retirements this years of maybe McVeigh, Grundy, Kizza (yes one more year on his contract) and there is a heap of money left over.

It will be A grade talent that we spend the money on, unlike North.

So I am thinking from the GWS: Coniglio and Kelly!

Totally pissed them and the AFL off!!
    doof-doof

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post
    It not just those three who got cut to make salary cap space.

Here is the list: Kurt Tippett (rookie-list), Alex Johnson (delisted), Dean Towers (delisted), Jordan Foote (delisted), Angus Styles (delisted), Jake Brown (delisted), Dan Hannebery (traded to St Kilda), Gary Rohan (traded to Geelong), Nic Newman (traded to Carlton), Dan Robinson (delisted), Harry Marsh (delisted)

Basically three & four year players are paid more than first years and rookies.

Newman, Marsh, Towers, Robbo, AJ, Foote, would have all been earning a lot more than any first year players.

Then there is the retirements this years of maybe McVeigh, Grundy, Kizza (yes one more year on his contract) and there is a heap of money left over.

It will be A grade talent that we spend the money on, unlike North.

So I am thinking from the GWS: Coniglio and Kelly!

Totally pissed them and the AFL off!!
    I'd love Coniglio at the Swans

Very decent analysis there. We'll have a lot of cap space at the end of this year so should be able to chase at least one big fish if not more than one. That should coincide with our young guys all getting another 22 games under their belts and easing us nicely into another Premiership window. Sounds easy in theory...
    Today's a draft of your epitaph