Page 278 of 418 FirstFirst ... 178228268274275276277278279280281282288328378 ... LastLast
Results 3,325 to 3,336 of 5008

Thread: 2018 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

you Would think so MW

Between the rumours and what happens is a broad and deep ocean but it illuminates that anything is possible

I love it

Trade week !!!!

So much yes

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Id snowboard every day of the season in japan with my brother

I suppose your experience shapes somewhat ur perception of future possibilities
    Your brother is probably a good bloke

- - - Updated - - -

Burton > Wingard

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    This is an extraordinary story about the Beams to Collingwood rumour

Category: | Herald Sun

The Lions today laughed at the suggestion Beams, 28, was on the way out.

The Herald Sun understands Beams has not asked for a trade and that his manager Paul Connors will not be asking for a trade on his client’s behalf.
    and who was it again that broke this "story", Barrett? Enough said - sheesh!
    Last edited by 707; 11th October 2018 at 10:55 PM.

That's very intriguing. It implies a Saints player would be involved in the trade if we don't get Langdon. Who could it be I wonder?
    I now think the Hanners holdup due to Langdon is not about a player it’s about points.

Swans want to make sure they’ve got what they need to trade for Langdon and cover Blakey and their other draft needs using this year’s picks.

This is because I reckon Saints are mostly offering future picks.

Secretly hoping they’ll swap their future first for our future second or something similar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    and who was it again that broke this "story", Barrett?
    Yes. He’s been either been duped or is a willing participant. Neither looks good.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post
    Ryan Burton from the Hawks, if you can believe AFL.com.au, is on the table for the Port for Wingard.

If we want backmen, he is 21, 191 cm, and can play.

But i remember in 2015, he had a broken leg that year and got pick at 19, when most though he would be far early.

Let get on this deal, as good as Langdon if not better!
    That's Burton agreeing to a trade because it's back home to Adelaide, won't want to come to us nor would Hawks release him. He's only on the table because they want Wingard

“McInnes floated on Twitter that a three-way trade could see Tom Langdon get to Sydney, with Sydney’s Pick 33 heading to Adelaide and Kelly heading to the Magpies.”
    Last edited by RogueSwan; 12th October 2018 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Edit link
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Why doesn’t Burton hold the Hawks to his contract and refuse to be traded?

Veterans List
    Why doesn’t Burton hold the Hawks to his contract and refuse to be traded?
    Gets to go home to Adelaide and gets to negotiate a juicier contract at Port, simples.

I was responding to this article, which got deleted from the thread

Category: | Herald Sun

RYAN Burton has been left shattered after Hawthorn told him he will be traded for Chad Wingard.

Burton is currently overseas on holiday, but received a phone call on Thursday night telling him he would be sacrificed for the wantaway Power forward.

Burton, so highly regarded by the Hawks he was bestowed with Sam Mitchell’s No.5 in 2016, only signed a fresh three-year contract in July last year...

It’s understood the promising defender, 21, had been informed by the Hawks that he was not being discussed as trade bait.

But that changed dramatically when the Power told Hawthorn it would only deal with them if South Australian Burton was part of the deal.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post

“McInnes floated on Twitter that a three-way trade could see Tom Langdon get to Sydney, with Sydney’s Pick 33 heading to Adelaide and Kelly heading to the Magpies.”
    That would be a great outcome for us

Langdon is a good player, but certainly isn't a star

Swans get bend over in the Hanners trade. Effectively we get a third rounder.

If people thought the Mitchell trade was bad. Wow. We got more for Sam Murray!