Page 169 of 418 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179219269 ... LastLast
Results 2,017 to 2,028 of 5008

Thread: 2018 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by rickmat View Post
    I dont have as big an issue with Lloyd moving on as I feel we have Mills coming back as well COR who has shown great skills, maturity and growing confidence this season. In the game against Melb, COR was very good but selectors sadly dropped him next game. Lloyd has to look after his own future and take the Gold Coast offer but it will be a hard 3~4 years ahead.
    I'm with you on Lloyd. COR is an obvious replacement, ready and waiting to play. He's ready, and if he spends most of next season playing NEAFL he is well within his rights to start looking at opportunities at other clubs. He wasn't actually dropped after his third game - he was injured. And then by the time he was ready to resume, McVeigh was back in the senior side. I'd have played him late in the season in place of Newman but, with a fair number of other very inexperienced players in the side, I can understand why the selectors went with the somewhat more experienced Newman.

I still don't see Lloyd ending up at Gold Coast, though, if he does leave. He just doesn't seem to be the kind of player they need as a priority. I think he's a good link/role player in a decent to good side, but he doesn't win much of his own ball or apply a lot of pressure.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I'm with you on Lloyd. COR is an obvious replacement, ready and waiting to play. He's ready, and if he spends most of next season playing NEAFL he is well within his rights to start looking at opportunities at other clubs. He wasn't actually dropped after his third game - he was injured. And then by the time he was ready to resume, McVeigh was back in the senior side. I'd have played him late in the season in place of Newman but, with a fair number of other very inexperienced players in the side, I can understand why the selectors went with the somewhat more experienced Newman.

I still don't see Lloyd ending up at Gold Coast, though, if he does leave. He just doesn't seem to be the kind of player they need as a priority. I think he's a good link/role player in a decent to good side, but he doesn't win much of his own ball or apply a lot of pressure.
    Brisbane in the mix I believe

I don't do Twitter but someone might like to post Luke Parkers latest post.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    I don't do Twitter but someone might like to post Luke Parkers latest post.
    What’s the gist?

He said.....Me leave this club? No chance!

Warming the Bench
    Not Twitter, Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by Vonsteinman View Post
    Not Twitter, Instagram.
    I'm old. Sorry.

Instagram with a great photo of Luke & Josh leading the boys out on to the field. So let’s park the Parker story.

I'm old. Sorry.
    Age is not a very good excuse aardvark. I don’t consider myself too old and I don’t Tweet the Insta-Face-Chat thing either!

Warming the Bench
    I'm old. Sorry.
    All good mate, no apology necessary! Was just directing people to the right spot. A Luke Parker search on Twitter dredges up a whole heap of crap about him supposedly wanting to leave, along with the good news. But his Insta post is well worth looking at directly as there’s a bit of banter from other senior players...

He said.....Me leave this club? No chance!
    That's why we love him so much!!

So word is Shiel is on the move and deciding between

Saints (huge money offer)
    Hawks
    Swans