Page 195 of 418 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205245295 ... LastLast
Results 2,329 to 2,340 of 5008

Thread: 2018 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Hogan has requested trade to Fremantle, bringing Melbourne into play for May.
    Tim Kelly becoming increasingly restless staying at Geelong, with West Coast being rumoured his preferred WA club.
    Pruess likely to land at Melbourne as support ruckman for Gawn.
    I'm confused by the potential Preuss trade. He's frustrated playing second fiddle to Goldstein who's a 30 year old ruckman. So he's going to move to Melbourne to play understudy to Max Gawn, who is three years younger. Unless it's all about the $? Or Melbourne have told him they'll play a second ruckman next year.

There's a lot happening on the trade rumour front this week. Taylor Duryea has had a medical with Sydney. Does that mean we'll all have to learn how to spell his surname?

Category: | Herald Sun

TAYLOR DURYEA

The Hawthorn free agent has been linked with Sydney, where it is believed he has had a medical. Has been able to play as a handy half back or also defensive forward, so might be on the move.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    There's a lot happening on the trade rumour front this week. Taylor Duryea has had a medical with Sydney. Does that mean we'll all have to learn how to spell his surname?

Category: | Herald Sun

TAYLOR DURYEA

The Hawthorn free agent has been linked with Sydney, where it is believed he has had a medical. Has been able to play as a handy half back or also defensive forward, so might be on the move.
    What is this chap like? I'm afraid my football knowledge is pretty much limited to the Swans.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    What is this chap like? I'm afraid my football knowledge is pretty much limited to the Swans.
    Dross, looking at the Hawks BF board he doesn't feature in their 2019 best 22. WTF? :-( I assume he's free to a good home hence our interest.

I have no idea who we are targeting (if anyone). Looks like all the likely suspects , Gaff, Hogan, etc are going to other homes. Darcy Moore remains an option if he doesn't stay at the Pies.

Maybe we are going for less likely options ie. Duryea if rumours are anything to go by. W have had success in the past (Laidler comes to mind) while not being out and out stars have performed their 'role' admirably.

I really think that the Swans should go to the draft unless someone really good becomes available to them. Try and trade up to the earliest pick that they can get. TAYLOR DURYEA hardly gets me excited. At best a role player. Moore if he becomes available is worth considering but plenty of question marks there. Another Reid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    I really think that the Swans should go to the draft unless someone really good becomes available to them. Try and trade up to the earliest pick that they can get. TAYLOR DURYEA hardly gets me excited. At best a role player. Moore if he becomes available is worth considering but plenty of question marks there. Another Reid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have no problem if we can get some depth for next to nothing as we have some players being culled. I just watched a short highlights package of TD on YouTube. Doesn't look too shabby. We also have a history of turning ordinary players from other clubs into solid contributors at our own. Some even went beyond expections. Ie Craig Bolton, Ted Richards. I wonder if that is the thinking if we go after a couple of players like Duryea (and go to the draft).

Taylor Duryea - hawthornfc.com.au

Taylor has a wonderful kick on transition and at 27yrs would be handy out of the HBF backline rotation ........ more versatile then newman with similar skills

I suppose given buddy’s preferred kicking spot at goal over on the left.....we need to make sure we have a good balance of left footed kickers to get the ball to bud

I would be thinking buddy would be part of the process on this one having played with Taylor a lot

https://youtu.be/M-c0VRnDTYQ

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Taylor Duryea - hawthornfc.com.au

Taylor has a wonderful kick on transition and at 27yrs would be handy out of the HBF backline rotation ........ more versatile then newman with similar skills

I suppose given buddy’s preferred kicking spot at goal over on the left.....we need to make sure we have a good balance of left footed kickers to get the ball to bud

I would be thinking buddy would be part of the process on this one having played with Taylor a lot

Taylor Duryea - 100 Games - YouTube
    Yes, as he is a free agent, there is no trade cost so the question is whether he's better than whoever we lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    TD looks like he could be a bit of a go'er down the left wing or anywhere. Beautiful boot, good footy brain and has a heart to go in and under to find the ball. Would like to see more TBH.

I think he looks like a typical Swans type anf R&W would suit him.