Page 194 of 418 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198204244294 ... LastLast
Results 2,317 to 2,328 of 5008

Thread: 2018 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    I hope every other club is being held to the same accord for the long term deals being given out to stars these days, but I won't hold my breath.
    Only applies to Restricted FA changing clubs, all other contracts parties can agree to vary. Tom Lynch will get paid exactly as per the agreement he signs with us, I mean Richmond.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    And that's how Scott Morrison was elected to be our latest PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Only applies to Restricted FA changing clubs, all other contracts parties can agree to vary. Tom Lynch will get paid exactly as per the agreement he signs with us, I mean Richmond.
    I get that 707 and the 'principles' in theory behind it all..... but we all know that consistency is not a strong point of the AFL.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    I hope every other club is being held to the same accord for the long term deals being given out to stars these days, but I won't hold my breath.
    No, they're not.
    This was the AFL's way of shutting up Eddie Everywhere after he bitched about us getting Buddy.
    Despite the fact that the AFL approved the contract in the first place... then went back and placed restrictions on it.
    Seriously, this is a case that can go to fair trading or the ACCC and win.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Like what was said before in this thread. It really doesnt matter if Buddy's contract is fixed per year. We can work around that by all the other flexible contracts with all the other players.
    Essentially, every year we take salary cap, minus buddy's contract that year, and what is left is dividied up as the "working salary cap" for the rest of the list.
    We can easily front load or back load year by year to meet say a Reid on $2m over 3 years.

No priority picks for Carlton or Gold Coast

McLachlan clarifies decision to reject priority pick requests

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    No priority picks for Carlton or Gold Coast

McLachlan clarifies decision to reject priority pick requests
    Yeah, well, Carlton have form "tanking" for priority picks... not that it does them any good, but they DO have form.
    They can go to buggery.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    I heard a rumour that Tipoff wants to be relisted.
    Annie you caused the Big Footy Swans forum to go into meltdown. Someone read your Tippett "rumour" and posted it there. 😊

Hogan has requested trade to Fremantle, bringing Melbourne into play for May.
    Tim Kelly becoming increasingly restless staying at Geelong, with West Coast being rumoured his preferred WA club.
    Pruess likely to land at Melbourne as support ruckman for Gawn.

wouldnt mind throwing pedersen a lifeline at the swans purely as a backup, just has a morton feel about him as a backup to give mccartin a chop out when reid doesnt play all year again

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Hogan has requested trade to Fremantle, bringing Melbourne into play for May.
    Tim Kelly becoming increasingly restless staying at Geelong, with West Coast being rumoured his preferred WA club.
    Pruess likely to land at Melbourne as support ruckman for Gawn.
    Rory Lobb also on his way west. Jack Steven allegedly had a medical at Geelong. This feels like a trade period where a lot of players will actually move clubs. Hopefully some are coming to the Swans!

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by azzzr View Post
    wouldnt mind throwing pedersen a lifeline at the swans purely as a backup, just has a morton feel about him as a backup to give mccartin a chop out when reid doesnt play all year again
    What, you wouldn't prefer Bugg?!!!