Page 331 of 418 FirstFirst ... 231281321327328329330331332333334335341381 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,972 of 5008

Thread: 2018 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Libba still unsigned ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He is expected to get a one year contract from Footscray, which seems to indicate even they don't rate him. Why should we?
    sprite

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Libba still unsigned ..
    I’ve been pushing my Libba conspiracy theory for some time now. Glad others are joining me. Think he’d be worth taking a punt on, if he’d leave the kennel.

No Libba.
    His father.
    Enough said.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I’ve been pushing my Libba conspiracy theory for some time now. Glad others are joining me. Think he’d be worth taking a punt on, if he’d leave the kennel.
    Hasn’t he had 2 ACLs?

Goes up to 11
    I like the way young Libba goes about it. We could do with his grunt, if fit. Why not?

Still hate his dad though.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Can he be held responsible for the sins of his father?
    No, but he has enough of his own sins to be comparable to his old man.

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I'd probably give one of them a rookie list spot. But it would be mainly for the positive reinforcement value for others in the academy. That is, just to stress that there is a realistic path, from the academy to the Swans list. On similar lines, I would also be tempted to give someone like Ryan Hebron a spot: who after being a toppy from the academy, went to Sydney Uni and won their best and fairest. Which may send the positive message, that if you miss out on a spot in your draft year, there's still a pathway through the NEAFL, if you apply yourself and improve your game.
    Which in the long term, should both strengthen the Swans and strengthen the NEAFL.
    Sorry but "recruiting from the Academy because its there" is an appalling idea.

That how we got Foote, who was never going to make it and just became another useless list clogger.

The 99% of kids who are in the Academy are going to be good amateurs, that its.

Occasionally there might be a gem, but that may happen ever five years or so.

There are far better prospects in SA, Vic or WA who deserve a chance at AFL.

And they might just turn out to be good footballers.
    doof-doof

Don't know if old news but this was on the AFL website today:

"Unsigned: Harry Marsh, Jack Maibaum, Dan Robinson, James Rose, Robbie Fox, Toby Pink

Defender Nic Newman was close to agreeing to terms with North Melbourne before eventually being traded to Carlton. James Bell will be a Swan for another season, while Rose is close to a one-year extension. The wait goes on for Marsh, Maibaum, Robinson, Fox and Pink."

With Rose resigning looks like it will be Marsh who makes way. You'd think Pink would have to go too.

You would think Fox has shown enough. I thought he had a good year.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post

That how we got Foote, who was never going to make it and just became another useless list clogger.

So the challenge then is for the Academies and the junior system in Sydney/NSW to turn more higher quality footballers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post

Hard but fair ! So Eddy was punching at shadows a couple of years back ! I think the academy is great value but it is difficult to get the kids initially in to the game when AFL is not splashed all over the media as it is in 4 other states.

Are there any big name free agents coming off contract next year? Hopefully a relatively quiet year will mean something big next year. Would like to see some more speed and skill in the middle.