Page 84 of 418 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134184 ... LastLast
Results 997 to 1,008 of 5008

Thread: 2018 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    We give them the potatoes and the turnip. They give us Moore, tape & gel

I’ve looked through my pantry and I’ll chip in the spuds to get the deal done
    Oh, I was just asking because I quite like potatoes. I don't think I'm interested in the trade, now.

I think one way or another, our first round draft pick will be involved in a trade. It will involve either:

• [a] trading Hanners and our first round to Saints for pick 4
      [b] trading Lloyd and our first round and steak knives to Gold Coast for pick 3
      [c] trading our first round for an established player like Darcy Moore

Personally, my preference is option c, not necessarily because I'd love Moore but because I'd like to keep both Hanners and Lloyd. I do think Moore is a super talent and could be very good if we can help him get his body right. I understand that is a big IF but surely there are plenty of other players who have been able to overcome these issues in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    I think one way or another, our first round draft pick will be involved in a trade. It will involve either:

• [a] trading Hanners and our first round to Saints for pick 4
      [b] trading Lloyd and our first round and steak knives to Gold Coast for pick 3
      [c] trading our first round for an established player like Darcy Moore

Personally, my preference is option c, not necessarily because I'd love Moore but because I'd like to keep both Hanners and Lloyd. I do think Moore is a super talent and could be very good if we can help him get his body right. I understand that is a big IF but surely there are plenty of other players who have been able to overcome these issues in the past.
    What about young Blakey? Probably need a pick 5 equivalent to get him.
    Last edited by Muttley; 19th August 2018 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muttley View Post
    What about young Blakey?
    Probably need that pick 4 from the Saints to get him.
    Nope. Blakey will (should) be bid on around pick 7. Therefore, if we have pick 4, we can take whoever we want like Izak Rankine or Bailey Smith at that pick. We then use the points from our second rounders to match the bid for Blakey when that comes around 7. It is generally considered better to use the points from later picks than 1st rounders to match bids. That is one of the main reasons why we will look to trade our first in one of the three scenarios I outlined.

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    Nope. Blakey will (should) be bid on around pick 7. Therefore, if we have pick 4, we can take whoever we want like Izak Rankine or Bailey Smith at that pick. We then use the points from our second rounders to match the bid for Blakey when that comes around 7. It is generally considered better to use the points from later picks than 1st rounders to match bids. That is one of the main reasons why we will look to trade our first in one of the three scenarios I outlined.
    Yep. Sounds reasonable.

What do you think Moore is worth? A bit hard to say. Maybe a pick 10?

How about this:

Lloyd to Suns for 26 and 28 (1,400 points)
    Hanners & 14 to Saints for 3
    3 on a kid
    Use points for Blakey.
    End up with a gun kid (Rankine) plus Blakey.
    Still have pick 29 (may drop down to a pick in 30s depending on Blakey bid) to use on another kid.

Honestly, why would we want Moore? Some bodies aren’t made for AFL football. We already have a couple of them on our list. And I’d prefer ours to him.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Oh, I was just asking because I quite like potatoes. I don't think I'm interested in the trade, now.
    Ok. I send you the potatoes and we stop all this Moore nonsense

Veterans List
    Gold Coast and Harley have said GC aren't putting an offer to Lloyd so he's either staying or going to a cashed up club like Carlton, Saints, North. I reckon he'll stay for a bit less than he can get elsewhere.

Not sure what to make of the Hanners/St.Kilda situation.

If we swap our first (plus player) for a high first it has to be for certain as much as possible before a Blakey bid which whilst we don't know when it will come should be around 7-10.

Yep. Sounds reasonable.

How about this:

3 on a kid
    Use points for Blakey.
    Still have pick 29 (may drop down to a pick in 30s depending on Blakey bid) to use on another kid.
    As I said earlier, I'd prefer to keep both Lloyd and Hanners. Draft picks, even high ones in a so called super draft are risky. I'll take the established players thanks. In an ideal world, I'd prefer to give up our first to jag Polec rather than Moore.

Yep. Sounds reasonable.

How about this:

3 on a kid
    Use points for Blakey.
    Why would we want to trade Hanners and Llooyyyddd for draft picks. Team is young enough as it is we don't need another injection of youth

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Ok. I send you the potatoes and we stop all this Moore nonsense
    👍👍

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Why would we want to trade Hanners and Llooyyyddd for draft picks. Team is young enough as it is we don't need another injection of youth
    Maybe.
    Grundy, Macca, Buddy, Kennedy and KJack all getting to the end.