Page 189 of 418 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199239289 ... LastLast
Results 2,257 to 2,268 of 5008

Thread: 2018 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    "Closer to family" is BS. They are grown men, not 13 year old boarding school students wetting the bed.
    He's on great $$ now and his team is in premiership window. Mad to leave.
    Seriously! His father has a serious heart condition.

i doubt suspended players are not allowed on the bench
    He is gone but will be a Melb club
    If i was West coast id give 700k and say take it or leave it
    Hard to drive a hard bargain when you team is in a gf without you

West Coast should focus on Coniglio

We have all no doubt stuffed up in our lives one way or another

Let’s move on from that

He did it once only

He is no Toby Greene

His hit is nothing compared to the malicious intent of Jeremy Cameron earlier this year

My first game of first grade in AFL a senior 30yr old opposition player behind the play punched me so hard my teeth went thru my lips and my nose went sideways

I was 19yrs old and tagging

It was a pivotal moment and important for how I saw football and life.......just be ready..... be ready to roll with the punches but stand up for what is right and hold ur ground

The clumsy half arsed swing by gaff was no king hit.......brayShaw was falling and gaff made a stupid decision to strike out and hit a young fella with a jaw unlocked and vulnerable

Gaff appears to be extremely remorseful and has learnt his lesson

I mean who really thinks he will Reoffend????

It’s not going to happen

Back to Gaff and why :

It’s simple we need outside top quality decision makers

We need a player that has demonstrated a very very professional ability to run on the outside and deliver great quality passes to forwards

That is gaffs gig and our forward line wil revel in it
    Last edited by Auntie.Gerald; 23rd September 2018 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Seriously! His father has a serious heart condition.
    You'll find in life, not many people move and change job when their parent is ill. They, you know, visit regularly. Quite easy when you job brings you there every 2nd week, you only work half the year, and make big $$.

You'll find in life, not many people move and change job when their parent is ill. They, you know, visit regularly. Quite easy when you job brings you there every 2nd week, you only work half the year, and make big $$.
    My parents are in the UK. And if one of them was at death's door, I'd go home, potentially even move back if it was a long-term thing.

Perth is a really long way from Melbourne. I can see he'd want to be closer than 4-5 hrs flight away. He will have just gone through a whole range of emotions when his dad was in hospital and now has to think about where he wants to be for the next few years. He may be putting his family ahead of his football to do that.

Veteran Site Admin
    Whatever. It's Gaff's choice where he chooses to live, not yours. He's been in the AFL system long enough to have earned the right to decide where he wants to play. That's what free agency is. He will have a number of clubs in Melbourne (and maybe elsewhere) that will employ him in the job he is qualified to perform, and compensate him well. If it suits him to be employed by a club that is close to where his family lives, why not?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    +1. I'm beginning to think that AFL players are a bunch of mummy's boys. When I was their age I'd go weeks without seeing my parents. Aren't they content to see their parents whenever they play in Melbourne?
    Do you and Barry not read all the posts or read the news? Where's this 'mummy's boys' stuff coming from? It's his father and his ill health that is the issue and if he wants to be closer to him, that's fine....and if it leads him to us, that's even finer and frankly, how dare you judge another persons motives and character as if you know them.

If it's any consolation Barry, I do agree that in many cases the go-home-factor is total BS. But I can see how in Gaff's case it may not be. And he may yet decide to stay at the WCE

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Do you and Barry not read all the posts or read the news? Where's this 'mummy's boys' stuff coming from? It's his father and his ill health that is the issue and if he wants to be closer to him, that's fine....and if it leads him to us, that's even finer and frankly, how dare you judge another persons motives and character as if you know them.
    Jumping at shadows as usual Stevo? YFOSAU.

Where did I say that Gaff is a mummy's boy? I didn't. I made generalised comments about footballers in general and we were right. I fact, the players I had in the back of my mind were players like Rocca, Grant and most of the GWS and GCS players who have gone home to Victoria.

How many soccer players that go to Europe have ever come back to Australia because they are homesick or have a sick relative?

It is an AFL excuse to change clubs in a system that makes it hard to change clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    My parents are in the UK. And if one of them was at death's door, I'd go home, potentially even move back if it was a long-term thing.
    So even from the other side of the world you'd only "potentially" move back permanently.
    How does that statement back up the go home line from gaff?

Veterans List
    Boring, this is becoming very boring. Would only be a small % chance that Gaff is coming our way, hardly worth pages of character assessment.

Still no sighter on what we're really up to, it did just occur to me that whatever we're doing started before the season when we worked out a deal with Tippett to lessen his drag on our cap going forward. We've been planning what ever it is for a long time.