Page 311 of 418 FirstFirst ... 211261301307308309310311312313314315321361411 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,732 of 5008

Thread: 2018 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Hmmmm. I tweeted Jeremy Finlayson about an hour ago with the following:

Come on Jezza! Get your manager to talk to the Swans! You don't have to move far and you'd look much better in Red and White! @sydneyswans make it happen! We need to do something!

What I found interesting about this is that Jeremy liked the tweet! Could mean nothing but maybe shows an interest in the Swans or even hopefully they are already in discussions? Pure speculation of course! We need more likes people! Lol.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Hmmmm. I tweeted Jeremy Finlayson about an hour ago with the following:

Come on Jezza! Get your manager to talk to the Swans! You don't have to move far and you'd look much better in Red and White! @sydneyswans make it happen! We need to do something!

What I found interesting about this is that Jeremy liked the tweet! Could mean nothing but maybe shows an interest in the Swans or even hopefully they are already in discussions? Pure speculation of course! We need more likes people! Lol.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Hoping the Swans are going to swoop late and pick up a couple of handy bargains in the mould of Finlayson or Duryea or whatever it is we need to release Mills and Jones.

I'm still harboring secret hopes re: Libba.

I can't believe that our plan at the start of this trade period was (a) trade out Hanners and Rohan (tick) (b) trade in Ryan Clarke (tick) (c) trade in Vandenberg, Langdon etc (fail)

We must have other targets, surely?

We need for form a "northern block" of us, GWS, Lions and Suns to put up a fight against the victorians.
    Really disappointed Port are siding with vics too.

Northern block charter:. We only trade between ourselves. If player wants to leave the northern states, he goes down free-agency route and we get compo pick.

Veteran Site Admin
    For a refreshing change (on one front), May seems to be willing to move to any Victorian side. Not refreshing in the sense that he's another quality player who wants to bail from Gold Coast, but at least he's giving the Suns the best chance of maximising what they get in return.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    The player movement in this trade period is disgusting. Everyone appears to be Vic bound in an effort to go home. GC, Lions and GWS are copping the brunt of it. I hate that the likes of the Pies, Hawks and Roos can just bolster their lists with talent. I'm eager to weigh up the disparity of traffic moving north after tomorrow. It seems as though if have a club south of the border, then you can have everyone.
    This Eddie's 'level playing field' and the other Vic clubs are more than happy to 'go with the flow'.....a 'flow' which always leads back to Victoria.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    The worst of it was that tool at Port threatening the Suns not to draft Rankine & Lukosius. And what has the AFL said about that? Nothing
    That situation is astounding....a clear case of attempted draft tampering met with complete silence from the supposed 'arbitors of fairness', the AFL. They are a complete joke!

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Now that the interest has wained from the pies after picking up Langdon - I wonder if jake kelly is on our radar ?

Would pick 26 suffice ?
    Sydney are unlikely to be trading out any more second round picks from this year's draft. The Swans have been banking picks to match bids on Blakey. As it stands right now, the Swans have enough draft points banked to match a bid for Blakey at pick 1. That would not be possible if they trade out pick 26, a pick they traded out a first-round pick to secure.

The Swans have an extra second-rounder from next year's draft available for trade.

There's an interesting hole in the draft rules that can be exploited. What if the Suns made a bid for Blakey with pick 2 at the draft when they also have pick 3, just to gimp the Swans' hand in the draft? Are there rules to prevent this?
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    Sydney are unlikely to be trading out any more second round picks from this year's draft. The Swans have been banking picks to match bids on Blakey. As it stands right now, the Swans have enough draft points banked to match a bid for Blakey at pick 1. That would not be possible if they trade out pick 26, a pick they traded out a first-round pick to secure.

The Swans have an extra second-rounder from next year's draft available for trade.

There's an interesting hole in the draft rules that can be exploited. What if the Suns made a bid for Blakey with pick 2 at the draft when they also have pick 3, just to gimp the Swans' hand in the draft? Are there rules to prevent this?

Yes, if we don't match, they get the player

Senior Player
    What I'd like to see this trade period is a player from a Melbourne club saying he would be prepared to go to any northern club, having
    decided he was mature enough not to have to live around the corner from mum and dad anymore.

If homo sapiens had evolved in Victoria instead of Africa, we would have never ventured north of the Murray River.

Warming the Bench
    What has happened?

Harley said the Club would be active during the upcoming trade period which is set to come to a close on Wednesday, October 17.

“We make no apologies about the fact we want to improve our list with specific needs,” Harley said.

“We want to increase our midfield depth, get some run through there and some really good runners and also some key position players.”

“It is probably the same as most clubs, we think we have a really strong group of players under 23 (years old).

“Midfield depth, speed on the outside and key position players that all come at the right price so we are probably no different to most clubs.”

I wonder come Wednesday night if we haven't recruited these players he will apologies then.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckie View Post
    What has happened?

Harley said the Club would be active during the upcoming trade period which is set to come to a close on Wednesday, October 17.

“We make no apologies about the fact we want to improve our list with specific needs,” Harley said.

“We want to increase our midfield depth, get some run through there and some really good runners and also some key position players.”

“It is probably the same as most clubs, we think we have a really strong group of players under 23 (years old).

“Midfield depth, speed on the outside and key position players that all come at the right price so we are probably no different to most clubs.”

I wonder come Wednesday night if we haven't recruited these players he will apologies then.
    I think this trade period has been a fail. 3 Vic based players turning us down. Has the lack of COLA made us undesirable? Or has our much desired "bloods" culture dwindled?

Strange to see so many players turn us down

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckie View Post
    What has happened?

I'm figuring the emboldened print above is the key to us not doing many deals....but it has been a disappointing trade period so far.

Can they turn Clarke into an elite midfielder? Let's hope so!