Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tickets to Round 1

Tickets to Round 1

Will it be possible to get tickets to round 1 over in WA

Veterans List
    Good qn - any thoughts? Was in Perth over Chrissie and the suggestion was that more tix would be made available for opposition supporters (and interestingly walk ins). Has the club made any announcement on this?

I�m keeping an eye out for tickets as I�ve already paid for flights, accommodation and hire car. Still nothing on the AFL site, Ticketek and Ticketmaster. I called the club a couple of weeks ago and tickets allocated to the club will no on sale to WA based Swans members first. They will keep members informed via the club emails.

There should be general admission tickets avaiaible:

Around 50,000 seats will be allocated to Fremantle and West Coast for club members, while 6,000 will be reserved for general admission, 1400 for stadium memberships and 1000 for tourism packages.
    source watoday.com.au/wa-news/membership-seating-at-new-perth-stadium-up-for-grabs-as-dockers-and-eagles-seal-deal-20171022-gz65cc.html

Not sure how or when these go on sale, there will be high demand.
    Last edited by Vurt; 30th January 2018 at 11:22 AM.

Veterans List
    Anyone know the dimensions of the new ground? It's certainly not the long narrow ground like Subiaco so both WA teams will need to modify how they've played home games, particularly defensively.

Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perth_Stadium#Architecture_and_design

The field is 165 m long and 130 m wide, 5 m longer than both the Melbourne Cricket Ground and Docklands Stadium in Melbourne, but 10 m shorter than Subiaco Oval (175 by 122 m)
    So it is shorter but wider than subi. I think it a bit of a pity to lose the unique ground shape but i understand why the WA teams want to have a ground that is relative similar to the MCG for finals.

Quote Originally Posted by cawball View Post
    Will it be possible to get tickets to round 1 over in WA
    There is a post in the WA Swans FB group that GA tickets will be on sale March 8th - facebook.com/groups/WASwans/permalink/1670888576287692/

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Vurt View Post
    There is a post in the WA Swans FB group that GA tickets will be on sale March 8th - facebook.com/groups/WASwans/permalink/1670888576287692/
    I just received an email from the Swans announcing that tickets for home games go on sale tomorrow (Feb 8). It seems odd that tickets for our games would be available a full month earlier than tickets for the Eagles game, unless there are "new stadium configuration" issues intervening.

Might be worth checking things out in the next day or two just in case...

The Swans website also says March 8, odd I agree, presumably linked to new stadium issues.

West Coast Eagles v Sydney Swans
    PERTH STADIUM
    PUBLIC ON-SALE
    9am AWST, Thursday, March 8. For more information, visit AFL Tickets - AFL.com.au.

Matches Tickets Archive - Sydney Swans Membership

And AFL site says same:

2018 Ticket On-sale Dates

West Coast Eagles
    Club Member On-Sale: 7th March 2018
    General Public On-Sale: 8th March 2018

Optus Stadium - AFL.com.au

Veteran Site Admin
    Round 1 tickets on hold - sydneyswans.com.au

Apparently there's a delay to the onsale date for round 1 tickets.

Are the Swans holding a training session/open training session over in Perth before the game? If so, does anyone know when or where it will be held?
    Cheer cheer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast