Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: AFLX Is anyone going?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Our AFLX uniform looks exciting

Veteran Site Admin
    I wonder if the team will play with one man standing on another's head. It could solve the debate around the ruckman. (Imagine Papley standing on Towers).

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Our AFLX uniform looks exciting

And that's just our home uniform. Our away strip is even more in keeping with the spirit of AFLX.

mankini.jpg

Well now ..... there might be more interest in this comp than the cynics expected!

Veterans List
    OMG I wasn't expecting that photo to pop up when I opened the thread!!

On a serious note does anyone know if we will be wearing a new guernsey for AFLX? In the paper today they had a photo of what the kangaroos will be wearing and it is a blue V. Not happy about that ????.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

I just bought a ticket at the 24 hour reduced price of $10 (down from $15). While the Swans email I received this morning implied this is a members-only offer, there is no provision to enter a member barcode on the Ticketek site so in fact anyone can buy a $10 ticket (allegedly for 24 hours only). I suspect ticket sales to date have been very low ...... By the way for those with kids, under 12s are free entry.

From AFL site re AFLX:

Dane Rampe: The All Australian defender is quick and does his best work on the rebound so should be ideally suited to AFLX. Rampe�s penetrating left foot will also be a huge asset, so look for the Swans to get him the footy anywhere forward of centre.

Definite starters: Harry Cunningham, Callum Mills, Dane Rampe, Nick Smith

Definite outs: Lance Franklin, Heath Grundy, Dan Hannebery, Isaac Heeney, Kieren Jack, Josh Kennedy

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-02-1...-light-up-aflx
    Last edited by liz; 12th February 2018 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Added link to article on AFL site

They were giving away tickets at AFLW game last Friday night.

Haha, I got sucked into buying a ticket then. AND I was at the AFLW match at Drummoyne (and got soaked in the torrential rain) so I missed out on a freebie it seems. As I said earlier ticket sales must be very low. Really I should have waited and bought one at the gate, particularly as with Ticketek�s $4 handling fee I only saved $1 on the supposed full price. Oh well .....

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    From AFL site re AFLX:

Dane Rampe: The All Australian defender is quick and does his best work on the rebound so should be ideally suited to AFLX. Rampe�s penetrating left foot will also be a huge asset, so look for the Swans to get him the footy anywhere forward of centre.

Definite starters: Harry Cunningham, Callum Mills, Dane Rampe, Nick Smith

Definite outs: Lance Franklin, Heath Grundy, Dan Hannebery, Isaac Heeney, Kieren Jack, Josh Kennedy
    So a team of all defenders is still on the cards?

I reckon Dawson would be worth a go because (a) we want to have another look at him; and (b) he is versatile; and (c) he has a huge kick. However it seems he may not be fully fit at the moment, so perhaps not. McCartin has been discussed, would be great to get a first glimpse at him.

What is interesting is that the 'squad' size has been increased from 14 to 20 to allow clubs to field entirely different teams for their minimum two matches.

20 men named - no Dawson

????

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast