• 28 Porter
    • 30 Greene
    • 33 Naughton
    • 37 Smith
    • 40 Mullenger-McHugh
    • 43 Redpath (C)
    • 44 English

AFLX squad revealed - sydneyswans.com.au

20 players named but only 7 best 22 players (Rampe, Lloyd, Reid, Smith, Towers, Newman and Hewett) and a couple of them could be pushed out of the 22. Lots of other fringe players named and a few rookies (Fox, Ronke, Bell, Brown, Styles).

Interesting that neither Ling nor Stoddart has been named - whereas Styles (who is apparently a similar type of player) has been. Perhaps reward for a better pre-season showing?

No rucks selected either. Was that the same in all the other teams named too?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    10 players in the squad for one game, and with 20 players named here in total I wonder if we're going to have 2 completely different sides for each game.

The Bulldogs' squad looks incredibly weak, probably the weakest of the 18 teams, with only 12 named and 65 AFL games between them, with over 50% of them coming from their captain Redpath (34 games)

Veteran Site Admin
    The named team closely resembles the players who played substantial minutes in the game played at training last Friday (sans the top-ups, of course). The only players I can recall seeing in that game who aren't named are Aliir, Melican and Cameron.

As mentioned in another thread, I didn't see Dawson or Ling even loitering at that session, while Stoddart was certainly there but didn't play.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    The named team closely resembles the players who played substantial minutes in the game played at training last Friday (sans the top-ups, of course). The only players I can recall seeing in that game who aren't named are Aliir, Melican and Cameron.

As mentioned in another thread, I didn't see Dawson or Ling even loitering at that session, while Stoddart was certainly there but didn't play.
    The footage posted on the official site showed Stoddart participating in the training session at Coffs Harbour.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Tickets to Saturday are now $0 (but there's still a $3.95 handling fee)

Free Tickets to AFL X SA & NSW Thursday and Saturday ($3.95 Handling Fee Applies) - OzBargain

Where do I apply for my refund?? ???? Ah, there is a sucker born every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Where do I apply for my refund?? Ah, there is a sucker born every day!
    Ah, Poor Meg. But worry not. Ludwig is here to help.

Just send me a $100 and I guarantee I will get you a full refund.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    My sentiments exactly. Completely pointless concept which should be called 'AFL$'........
    This is losing $$$ in fact. Low entry fees & no television rights because they were too disorganised or in a hurry to organise the event correctly. The AFL makes decisions on the run too often these days. This is a product of a disorganised mindset. The whole organisation seems in this mode of decisions on the run no matter the consequences. McLachlan has surrounded himself with creatures who have the same mindset.

Here are some examples;

1. Swans Trade Ban

2. Knee Jerk to Head Highs. The umpires started umpiring this at the half way mark of a season.

3. Deliberate OOB. The interpretations change so regularly I can do my toilet by them. All due to knee jerk reaction due to something a superficial commentator like like Taylor & co (there are plenty of them) say.

4. A knee jerk reaction to the bad press about the lack of scoring and low standard of AFLW

5. Inventing AFLX, not really an invention as it has been played in a similar form for some time indoors, and thrusting it into the itinerary without consultation and nearly losing the clubs. Luckily for Glib Gil the clubs decided to come onboard

6. The many statements made by the CEO in knee jerk reaction to bad press or lukewarm press.

7. The knee jerk reaction to criticism by gagging the coaches and players.

8. Threatening to ban coaches and officials if they question head office.

9. Reacting to expensive food and drink prices at all matches and venues by telling the public they were going to ensure prices came down to an acceptable level. The prices came down for a weekend or so at Docklands. nowhere else did this happen. There was 20% off if you came to see the reserves but the 20% discount came off well before the first bounce. What Gil, a wealthy member of the Squatocracy, calls acceptable ($14-24 food and $9.50/drink) and I call acceptable are two very different things. This was an outright lie to get the ordinary punter onboard with the Great Gil's vision of 'Knee Jerk Reaction' management.

So this is just another in the many @@@@ ups that Gil The Great has perpetrated on us including the 2016 GF.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post

As Major Bloodnok says to Neddy Seagoon.

Those tickets are only Family Tickets. All other tickets are $15 or $10.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post

Should I send you the Harbour Bridge as well?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast