Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: AFLX Is anyone going?

Veterans List
    I had an open mind about it but after watching bits of several games I turned onto something else - and drank a nice bottle of Shiraz in the process!

Maybe a couple of games tomorrow night might hold my attention a bit longer but only for the chance to see some of the new players for the first time. Think I'd better reload with another bottle :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    So much negativity about AFLX. Here are a few positive thoughts:

1. It helps to watch the game without knowing the rules in advance. That will absorb some of your time.
    2. How bad can a game be that doesn't have Ruckmen?
    3. Brian Taylor is back on the air. When he's broadcasting I can turn my phone back on. He's a great manager and publicist, but I wish he had other clients.
    4. We now have AFLW and AFLX. Maybe after AFLY and AFLZ that will be the end of it.
    5. We get another chance to win a Grand Final.
    I'm already thinking of AFLX as AFLZZZ.

Senior Player
    Watched a little on TV tonight. Didn't really move me one way or the other. It was OK but as someone said, it's not dissimilar to training drills and no-one finds them entertaining. Well, maybe some do.

Personally I don't get this "grow the international market" argument. It's a parochial game, which is a large part of why I like it. How about some of that money for Tasmania. Pretty sure their economy could use a lift.

I watched a little bit.
    Was like AFL basketball to me.
    Will be interesting to see how interested I am tomorrow night when I have to watch non Swans games.
    Seems like it is a pretty big flop already though.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Veterans List
    I'm watching on 7mate now. We got the first goal, a 'zooper' for Rampe. Oh there's another 'zooper' to Rampe. Whoo hoo!....not. We should kill this pathetic squad that the Dogs sent up, not that I care....oh, there we go, another 'zooper' to Rampe. 36 pts to 0.....
    Last edited by stevoswan; 17th February 2018 at 05:11 PM.

Veterans List
    Buddy who? Rampe for full forward ????.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Seven minutes in, 55pts to nil. Oh, there's the Dogs first goal and then a point to O'Riordon, 56pts to 6. Half time, 62 to 22.

Veterans List
    I thought Jetta was back playing for us . Had to check who 32 was...it's James Bell.

highest score of the tournament so far ... making this game seem like a bigger joke than it actually is

I watched the first game, and it was OK to see some of the boys run around. As posted, it was a walkover against a pretty ordinary opposition.

Rampe was a class above with some instances of competing in marks without giving away penalties; and also dead eye from way out. O'Riordan was the other who caught the eye, and I might well join the McCartin bandwagon. . Rose was good but wasteful. No injuries was the best outcome.

Having watch the Tigers GWS game also, my opinion is the game will go nowhere. The decision making by 2 umpires was lamentable, and their shirt colour and embarrassment (as well as being confusing to Swans uniforms). There are few rewards for traditional skills in marking and competing. I hated the attempted jolliness and the pathetic hooters at Zoopers.

I may go back at 6:30 for the Swans next game, where presumably a different team will play. Last game was Rose, Foote, Towers, Rampe, Robinson, McCartin, Marsh, Bell, O'Riordan, Fox

Veterans List
    We play GC Suns next up. Dew vs Swans..... Lions into the 'GF' already.

Just as long as there are no injuries that�s all I care about!!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast