Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: McCartin!!

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    Here is my take on mcartin. I�ve really liked what I�ve seen on the draft footage. He looks like a contested mark beast which is something we�ve missed as neither buddy nor tippo were great above their heads.

If his kicking can be improved then he will be a terrific key forward.

If however his kicking doesn�t get better then I actually think he would be an amazing intercept half back defender. Think west coast Jeremy McGovern. Amazing contested mark.

Very exciting.
    I agree. I made the same observation when we drafted him about him being converted into a KPD if he doesn't make it as a KPF.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Well we are going to need a thread to replace the Tippo thread, so good to start now I guess

Sounds promising with McCartin, hopefully he can have a good pre-season for us.
    No, it's already been established that we are going to keep the Tippett thread on page one.......for old time's sake! That thread will never die!!!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Would it be a good start if we chucked him in the ruck?
    Ludwig loves you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Ludwig loves you.
    I love me, too.

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    Here is my take on mcartin. I�ve really liked what I�ve seen on the draft footage. He looks like a contested mark beast which is something we�ve missed as neither buddy nor tippo were great above their heads.

If his kicking can be improved then he will be a terrific key forward.

If however his kicking doesn�t get better then I actually think he would be an amazing intercept half back defender. Think west coast Jeremy McGovern. Amazing contested mark.

Very exciting.
    Yes he really does need to improve his kicking. Who taught him to drop the ball like that yuk. So awkward and ugly he kicks helicopters nearly every time. i hope he spends a lot of time with Plugger because he needs to

Pick 33: Tom McCartin - sydneyswans.com.au

For me his kicking style is not to far away from a small adjustment to be more consistent

Plenty to work with

I�ve seen way worse on good players at same age

Veterans List
    I just read on The Age that McCartin won't be completing Year 12. He said he is into the trade industry.
    There was discussion between Harley, the parents and Dennis Carroll. He also consulted Hanners for his advice as he completed year 12 during his first year at the swans.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I just read on The Age that McCartin won't be completing Year 12. He said he is into the trade industry.
    There was discussion between Harley, the parents and Dennis Carroll. He also consulted Hanners for his advice as he completed year 12 during his first year at the swans.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
    Thanks Mel, it's a well-written piece: School's out for Sydney Swans recruit Tom McCartin.

I didn�t realise how old tom is for year 11
    He is almost the same at as most year12 kids when they finish school

Exciting prospect

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    There was discussion between Harley, the parents and Dennis Carroll. He also consulted Hanners for his advice as he completed year 12 during his first year at the Swans.
    A decision that will accelerate his footy development. Has been impressive so far from all the reports, looking forward to seeing him in action at any level.

Bad move. Go and do year 12 son. Footy and a career can wait.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Bad move. Go and do year 12 son. Footy and a career can wait.
    Spot on barry. No reason not to complete school. Can start a traineeship or apprenticeship as part of his schooling. I rarely have cause to question the club, especially when it comes to player welfare but this is the second youngster in a year to make this call with the Swans� blessing and -without knowing all the details - I�m not convinced it�s the right call in either case.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast