Thread: Swans HOF and heritage list 2018

Swans HOF and heritage list 2018

Great to see ROK, LRT, and Nick's goal in the 2012 GF inducted into the Swans heritage list.
    Who did the commentary on Nick's goal? I recognise the voice as Craig (can't remember his surname) who does hosting for the AFL.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    Great to see ROK, LRT, and Nick's goal in the 2012 GF inducted into the Swans heritage list.
    Who did the commentary on Nick's goal? I recognise the voice as Craig (can't remember his surname) who does hosting for the AFL.
    Being a bit pedantic, I know, but ROK and LRT were inducted into the Hall of Fame (not the Heritage List). The Malceski goals were included in the Heritage List.

Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    If you're talking about the Channel 7 commentary, it's the great Dennis Cometti. The Craig that you're probably thinking about is Craig Willis, who has a similar sounding voice.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    If you're talking about the Channel 7 commentary, it's the great Dennis Cometti. The Craig that you're probably thinking about is Craig Willis, who has a similar sounding voice.
    Craig Willis it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Being a bit pedantic, I know, but ROK and LRT were inducted into the Hall of Fame (not the Heritage List). The Malceski goals were included in the Heritage List.
    That is what happens when the fingers do not do what the brain intends.

Veterans List
    Craig Willis.....AFL ground announcer and sometime Swans function MC. Dennis Commetti......legendary TV sports commentator and caller of Malceski's goal during the actual game. Who could forget it....? "Hannerbury to Malceski, is that the Grand Final?! Sydney win the Premiership!!" Blissful words......
    Last edited by stevoswan; 20th February 2018 at 05:07 PM.

Veterans List
    Did anyone go to the function? How was it? AnnieH?

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Who could forget it....? "Hannerbury to Malceski, is that the Grand Final?! Sydney win the Premiership!!" Blissful words......
    .....and of course, Leo Barry's immortal follow up words, "I knew we had to take a contested mark down there to just control the tempo and we did that and it was a fu**ing great win!" Just brilliant!

Veterans List
    I know I'm going all nostalgic and off topic tonight (and risk having my posts moved to general footy chat with a new thread title, "Grand Final Memories") but I saw this for the first time earlier this evening and it's pretty damn good. It finishes with the words, "Football Is Awesome. In Any Hemisphere." Sums it up......

Sydney Swans Win the AFL Grand Final. Everyone Goes Nuts. - YouTube

Veteran Site Admin
    I've just watched the videos on the Swans' website of ROK and LRT accepting their HOF plaques. If the new players weren't inspired by the humility, stories of hard work, and the success of these two players, nothing will inspire them.

I especially loved LRT's slow walk up the red carpet. If it's possible to be self-conscious and embarrassed while still lapping up the attention, that's what his walk epitomised. And ROK looked moved to tears by the memories of his career that were still showing on the screen for the first few minutes he stood on stage.

(On a side note, ROK's suit was cut in such a way to prove he hasn't lost his best aesthetic asset!)

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I've just watched the videos on the Swans' website of ROK and LRT accepting their HOF plaques. If the new players weren't inspired by the humility, stories of hard work, and the success of these two players, nothing will inspire them.

I especially loved LRT's slow walk up the red carpet. If it's possible to be self-conscious and embarrassed while still lapping up the attention, that's what his walk epitomised. And ROK looked moved to tears by the memories of his career that were still showing on the screen for the first few minutes he stood on stage.

(On a side note, ROK's suit was cut in such a way to prove he hasn't lost his best aesthetic asset!)
    Maybe LRT was walking slowly, because he wanted to keep an eye on the whereabouts of Tadhg?

Veterans List
    This one's pretty good too! Dramatic but effective and aptly titled!

Yet another 2012 AFL Grand Final montage - YouTube

There's an interview of LRT on SEN posted on the Swans website: Hall of Fame: Glee for LRT - sydneyswans.com.au

Some choice quotes: LRT described his HoF night as "a great celebration of an ungainly career"! He also described Horse having to come to grips with the rugby tactics LRT tended to deploy while playing footy as "the touch finding kicks and knock-ons that plagued my career."

While we're at it, here's a link to another article on the Swans website posted on the occasion of his retirement: LRT's retirement: The fans' tale - sydneyswans.com.au.

Love ya, Warrior.