Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 23/2/2018 - Inter-Club practice match VS GWS @ Henson Park

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    GWS have also announced they will be streaming it, so if you get sick of the 'biased' Swans commentary team, you can switch over to the other mob's.

Would be good to see Dawson get a run, hope hes not injured

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Would be good to see Dawson get a run, hope hes not injured
    "Dawson was training strongly but suffered a injury, not going to be really ready until five or six weeks in"

That what horse said, or what i can remember, at the AGM today.
    doof-doof

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by magic.merkin View Post
    Inter-club to be streamed live - sydneyswans.com.au

Throughout the broadcast you will get to hear from Swans players not competing in the game as they join the commentary team for the match.

From 5.30pm you will have the chance to be able to watch all the action at sydneyswans.com.au as the four-quarter contest takes place in Marrackville.

Great news for out of towners!
    What are the chances they usually make the stream available on demand afterwards? That will be 2:30 am for me LOL

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Full list of outs after running through squad list, and a potential reason:

- Johnson (groin, due back late March: Another surgery setback for luckless Swan - AFL.com.au)
    - McVeigh (managed: We�re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph - NB, I can't read the full article, but Google search shows an excerpt)
    - Hannebery (recovery from groin/calf: Buddy, Joey set for inter-club - sydneyswans.com.au)
    - Heeney (knee cartilage surgery: Sydney Swans hold@AFL community camp@at Waratah Park | PHOTOS | Newcastle Herald)
    - Hayward (presumed injury)
    - Jones (knee: We�re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph but should play JLT: Bud impresses as Swans swelter at training - AFL.com.au.)
    - Mills ('light duties', but should play JLT: Bud impresses as Swans swelter at training - AFL.com.au.)
    - Ling (injured, according to Hannebery on the AFLX telecast)
    - Grundy (foot: Midfielder 'furthest behind' of Sydney's fab five - AFL.com.au or calf: Race to round one: Who's injured at your club? - AFL.com.au)
    - Maibaum (??)
    - Dawson (??)
    - Bell (Unless injured since last weekend, perhaps just omitted)
    - Brown (Ditto)
    - Styles (Ditto)
    - Amartey (??)
    - Pink (Alive: AFL South Coast launch exciting new season | South Coast Register)
    Bell was very good in AFLX, even Buddy mentioned him. So they are probably resting the young blokes who played X. They will probably play game one Preseason comp

Sent from my HUAWEI Y560-U23 using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Anyone going? Will we get the highly appreciated unbiased RWO report on proceedings?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Anyone going? Will we get the highly appreciated unbiased RWO report on proceedings?
    Given that it's being streamed, plenty of us should be able to watch it.

I was planning on going, but I am now remembering the last time I went and sweltered in the heat, sitting in seats that had no elevation (and hence gave a poor view of the game) and with what seemed like hundreds of kids running around screaming and yelping. (Yes, I know that's what kids do, but it doesn't enhance the footy watching experience.)

So sitting at home and watching the stream now seems like a far more attractive option.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Given that it's being streamed, plenty of us should be able to watch it.

I was planning on going, but I am now remembering the last time I went and sweltered in the heat, sitting in seats that had no elevation (and hence gave a poor view of the game) and with what seemed like hundreds of kids running around screaming and yelping. (Yes, I know that's what kids do, but it doesn't enhance the footy watching experience.)

So sitting at home and watching the stream now seems like a far more attractive option.
    I'll be heading over to have a look, along with my mate Mathilde de Hautecloque, who writes very nicely about our time at the footy for the Almanac and sometimes the Swans site (and has twice won the guernsey raffle at the intraclub). I've printed the team list and remembered my binoculars so I should be able to tell my Ronkes from my O'Riordans. All I want from the evening is no injuries. Will try to report back afterwards.

Veterans List
    Thanks ORB. Unfortunately no streaming at my place, dribbling is as fast as my internet gets!

It might be nice if we could get some details of the stream, with first bounce 1 hour away.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    It might be nice if we could get some details of the stream, with first bounce 1 hour away.
    How do we find the link?

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    How do we find the link?
    That's my exact question.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast