Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: 23/2/2018 - Inter-Club practice match VS GWS @ Henson Park

I always saw more positives in the good, exciting and random things that Allir did, than the negatives in the errors.
    obviously the coaching staff saw it differently as is their official reasoning, but I still think there was more involved behind the scenes that has hindered his game time and progress.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    I always saw more positives in the good, exciting and random things that Allir did, than the negatives in the errors.
    obviously the coaching staff saw it differently as is their official reasoning, but I still think there was more involved behind the scenes that has hindered his game time and progress.
    Callum Mills said that Aliir had much more serious injury issues last year than people realised. I really hope they can find a role for him this year.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    For those who couldn't get to Henson Park, or watch the stream live, the Swans now have each quarter up on their website, including the mysterious fourth period that was played almost as an afterthought. Mind you, the video for that is just a blank screen. Not sure if that reflects the fact they played the game in the dark, that they didn't actually record it, or that it is just a temporary technical glitch. Hopefully the last.
    Practice Match: Q4 - GWSGIANTS.com.au
    The Q4 plays OK at the Giants' site.

Goes up to 11
    I, for one, enjoyed the match, and it was a useful early season hit out. Yes skills weren't great, as to he expected any time in a pre-season, but it would have been a valuable run around for the more experienced players, and a good indication of what the younger guys can expect.

I liked Aliir, Ramps and Towers, and Sinclair really stood out. Hopefully he'll have a good consistent year and he must feel more comfy with his job security. Melican looks assured too, and I think he'll have another good year.

And has someone started the McCartin bandwagon yet? The kid can play. Toot toot - get on board.....
    Last edited by liz; 26th February 2018 at 01:05 PM. Reason: The off-topic posts (including the one you quoted) have now been moved to their own thread

Veterans List
    If McCartin plays this well against quality AFL players then if he was born two days later I can only imagine he would have been ultra impressive against U18s this year and therefore probably a high draft pick. We may already be in front at the 2018 ND!

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    If McCartin plays this well against quality AFL players then if he was born two days later I can only imagine he would have been ultra impressive against U18s this year and therefore probably a high draft pick. We may already be in front at the 2018 ND!
    Especially if we get Nick Blakey. Now that would be a real bonus.
    Last edited by liz; 26th February 2018 at 09:23 PM. Reason: fixed quotation formatting

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post

And has someone started the McCartin bandwagon yet? The kid can play. Toot toot - get on board.....
    Refer to my post mid-January. All aboard. He will get a start much sooner than later.

Just got around to watching the stream of the interclub. I thought some of the usual suspects (Rampe, Hewett, Lloyd) excelled. Newman was handy, so was Fox. I liked what I saw of McCartin, including his goal on the run. Stoddart was lively but a bit of a lightweight. Ronke kicked a nice goal. I liked what I saw from Robinson better than what I saw from Foote. Sinclair was quite involved. None of the fringe players really commanded attention. Aliir was his usual self, exciting at times with some good intercept marks and run but also some errors and lack of discipline and lapses in focus.

Probably the most exciting young player in the match was Bonar, for GWS. He was impressive. Powerful, fast, strong tackles. Good prospect.

The commentary was not perfect but I enjoyed the interviews with the players that they had sitting in the commentary box. Callum Mills had a sharp sense of humour, I enjoyed his digs at Sinclair's 'helmet' hair and 'Lego man' look. The questions were pretty good but they could have pressed to get better answers.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post

The commentary was not perfect but I enjoyed the interviews with the players that they had sitting in the commentary box. Callum Mills had a sharp sense of humour, I enjoyed his digs at Sinclair's 'helmet' hair and 'Lego man' look. The questions were pretty good but they could have pressed to get better answers.
    Was that not Towers that Mills was referring to?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456