Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Injuries - Naismith ACL

Injuries - Naismith ACL

What is happening with Dawson and Ling? No info from club at all!!!!!!

Veterans List
    and McVeigh. Maybe they think supporters aren't interested in injuries during the preseason? We know we are!

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    and McVeigh. Maybe they think supporters aren't interested in injuries during the preseason? We know we are!
    Add my voice to this. Last injury report on line is from August 2017. I realise that the coaches probably prefer playing their cards close to their chests, but we are being starved of any news beyond a trickle. The AFL site offers us more than the Club site!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Terrible news with Naismith doing his ACL this morning during training. This is going to test our ruck depth.

Huge blow for Swans with ruckman to miss 2018 - AFL.com.au

Dang.
    Bring back tipoff.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Senior Player
    Awful for Naismith, but huge opportunity for Cameron

Veteran Site Admin
    Yikes.

On a team note, this is worrying, having already lost Tippett. And with it emerging last weekend that Sinclair has had ongoing, albeit minor, issues with his ankles.

On the other hand, the ruck is probably the area where we were already at our weakest, so it's not as if we rely on an excellent ruckman to execute the game plan.

On the third hand, it presented an opportunity for improvement if we could get Naismith up and running. Our centre clearance work improved immensely during the back end of 2016 when Naismith came into the team. His tap out to advantage rate was much higher than any other recent ruckman we've had (including Mumford, though he was great when the ball hit the deck).

It's very sad for Naismith. I think he has the potential to be a very decent ruckman but it's just been one injury after another for him. I am starting to think he'll never be able to string enough training or enough games together to reach his potential.

I think the biggest opportunity arises for Aliir. Even without the foot issues that plagued him last year, I think it was going to be challenging for him to break into the senior team unless there were injuries to our other key defenders. Early signs of Melican this year is that he looks bigger, stronger and more confident, and ready to build on his excellent debut season. Although some on here think we can play Reg, Rampe, Melican and Aliir all in defence in the same team, I don't believe the coaches will see it that way. But I've seen a bit of Aliir rucking during training sessions and he's looked very competitive in the air. He has a lot to learn about the craft but I think he may well get the chance to learn on the job this season.

I'm not convinced by Cameron as anything but a part time ruck chop out. I think he has talent but his forward line work was more impressive in the NEAFL last year than his ruck work, and I didn't think he showed much in the ruck last weekend.

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Looks like a premediated plan; all our ruckmen getting injured or retiring??

Is someone trying to put the playing style of Bulldog and Richmond in to play on the sly?

Maybe they are trying to get AA as our mobile ruckmen.

Can't think who would do this; maybe someone else can suggest a name????
    doof-doof

Veterans List
    Bummer, very sad for Sam who is without doubt our best ruckman.

We're going to have to be inventive now, learn to rove to losing rucks is a tactic employed by teams in the past, like when facing Sandilands.

Some fast tracking of someone coming up in the next three weeks!

I think we have to fast track young Amarty. We can't play a whole season with two recognised rucks. Aliir after all is not a recognised ruckman. Amarty on the other hand has played all his junior footy in the ruck. Aliir only played there in Qld. When he went to WA they played him back. Sure use Allir and towers as the second ruck option but we need to make sure we have three first ruck options up our sleeve with our injury prone rucks.

Really sad for Sam. But it does open up opportunities for others and will force us to be creative.

Darn. That's terrible news. Our clear no. 1 ruck. We may actually end up short of ruckmen this year. Who would've thought?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Dang.
    Bring back tipoff.
    Where is the Dislike button?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast