Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 3 March 2018, #JLTseries game 1, Sydney vs Brisbane, Moreton Bay #lionsswans

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    Great goal from Reid right on 1/4 time. He'd probably miss if he wasn't on the boundary line...
    Yes he missed one right in front!

Sinclair has hurt his ankle so Deano will be in the ruck.

Very impressed with Fox (the player).

Rohan needs to practice his marking.

Buddy being Buddy.

Veterans List
    Jake Lloyd picking up where he left off last season. A team high 22 disposals so far and game high 461 metres gained. We're getting smashed in the clearances though 29-17 but the our defence is obviously repelling their attacks well and they're not kicking straight.....

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post

Sinclair has hurt his ankle so Deano will be in the ruck.
    How bad? .......Post edit: 20 minutes later and I have seen a replay and it didn't look good. Doubtful for round one is being mentioned. Anyone know how bad Allir's ankle is?
    Last edited by stevoswan; 3rd March 2018 at 07:05 PM.

Veteran Site Admin
    Bit of a half-paced effort. I expected the Lions to be quite a bit better than they were.

Few of our guys looked a little off mentally and/or with basic skills (Rohan, Heeney) but plenty more were solid. Melican and Rampe were fantastic in defence, Florent showed some very nice signs, and Stoddart surprised me by how comfortable he looked, notwithstanding the fact it was a way off H&A level pressure. He's still a bit skinny so I'll be surprised if we see a whole lot of him at senior level this year, but it's good to know there's another capable one in the pipeline.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    How bad? .......Post edit: 20 minutes later and I have seen a replay and it didn't look good. Doubtful for round one is being mentioned. Anyone know how bad Allir's ankle is?
    I don't think Sinclair's is too bad. He did a bit of a run through, a few minutes after he injured it, which to me looked like he would have played on, if the game had meant something. Not sure about Aliir: though he only had a slight limp, when walking around at the end of the game.

I think we adapted to utilising the uncontested / possession footy really well

Our plan B looked well executed and might give us that extra win or two when we are struggling to control a game

Wonderful to see a flexible approach

It was talked about by the players pre Xmas and it has happened !!

Bloods Evolution

Veterans List
    Loving the new look.....and a 'LIKE' button. Yes!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Loving the new look.....and a 'LIKE' button. Yes!

- - - Updated - - -

What's >br/> ?
    Sorry mate, that's me editing as I go. Can you see the like button? I can't.

Glad you're pleased though
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Was happy for the team and for Robbie fox also

He looked fairly comrtable playing a little bit of a jake lloyd transition role from the backs first half and he has that 360 degree awareness like macca bia hand

I also suspect there must have been a few surprises how keen and Johnny on the shoot Towers and Cunningham have been last two weeks

Great depth this season
    Very deep !!!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    Sorry mate, that's me editing as I go. Can you see the like button? I can't.

Glad you're pleased though
    At first I could see both 'like' and 'unlike' buttons but now there's just a 'like' button but that's cool.

Not a bad run out for the first proper game in pre-season. Brisbane were fairly ordinary overall, but you can't read too much into it all.

I was impressed by Robbie Fox too, and didn't mind some of what Stoddart did - some good signs there.

Buddy looks in great shape too
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Very impressed with Fox (the player).
    I couldn't see why you would need to clarify what you were referring to.

Nope.

Still not getting it. There's nothing else by the name of Fox that you could possibly be impressed by.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast