HF: Kieren Jack, Sam Reid, Dean Towers
    F: Gary Rohan, Lance Franklin, Tom Papley
    Foll: Darcy Cameron, Luke Parker, George Hewett
    Int (from): Oliver Florent, Will Hayward, Zak Jones, Robbie Fox,
    Ryley Stoddart, James Rose, Dan Robinson, Dane Rampe
    Emerg: Jordan Foote, Tom McCartin, Ben Ronke, Colin O'Riordan
    In: Zak Jones, Harry Marsh, Dan Robinson
    Out: Aliir Aliir, Callum Sinclair
    Last edited by ugg; 8th March 2018 at 04:11 PM.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Don't forget there's a NEAFL practice match starting 4.25pm, also Swans v Giants

2018 NEAFL Practice Match Schedule

GIANTS SQUAD
    FB: Heath Shaw, Phil Davis, Jeremy Finlayson
    HB: Brett Deledio, Adam Tomlinson, Josh Kelly
    C: Tim Taranto, Callan Ward, Lachie Whitfield
    HF: Sam Reid, Jeremy Cameron, Zac Langdon
    FF: Matt de Boer, Jonny Patton, Harry Himmelberg
    RR: Dawson Simpson, Stephen Coniglio, Dylan Shiel

Interchange: Nick Shipley, Nick Haynes, Jake Stein, Lachie Tiziani, Lachlan Keeffe, Toby Greene, Daniel Lloyd

Emergencies: Jack Buckley, Matt Flynn, Tim Mohr

In: Deledio, Greene, Haynes, Stein
    Out: Matt Flynn, Tim Mohr, Harry Perryman

Any reason why Dawson hasn't got a run?
    I See It But I Don't Believe It!!!!

Regular in the Side
    Rampe rested!

Regular in the Side
    How many do we have on the interchange bench for these matches? AFL site has seven and says Rampe is being rested yet Swans site has him on the bench. Giants have only seven on the bench.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Any reason why Dawson hasn't got a run?
    It was mentioned in other threads that he was injured and should still need a few weeks to be considered for selections
    Last edited by Aaron; 8th March 2018 at 04:45 PM. Reason: correct grammar

Veteran Site Admin
    I realise that Rampe played AFLX, and managing players' workloads is more important than winning practice games, but the decision to rest Rampe does leave our backline rather exposed against a forward line comprising Paton, Himmelberg and Cameron. Grundy hasn't been named, despite hints he might be, and Aliir is out, as we expected. I guess we're about to find out just how good Melican is!

(Maybe the Swans will take the opportunity to experiment with something different in the forward line, and sacrifice Reid to defence for this one game.)

Glad to see Robbo in front of Foote. Good for Swampy on being selected. Less good for COR not being selected.

Are they going to announce the squad for the NEAFL match? That will be interesting. Will AJ be playing? And will the other rookies be in action? Styles, Bell, Brown, Pink, Amartey? Are they all available or some injured? Please post when you know, ugg.

It's not looking too good for Maibaum. He hasn't gotten the least look in this pre-season despite not having any injury that we know of and his contract is up this year. I feel a touch less worried for Pink (a) because I was more impressed in what I saw from Pink than Maibaum last year; (b) because Pink at least had a vote of confidence when he was recontracted for this season which Maibaum hasn't yet had; (c) because, as a rookie, the expectations are a little lower than late second round draft pick. There's also (d) the list managers were pretty ruthless last year when we lost Edwards, Fisher, Laidler and gives a strong message there's no room for complacency.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Glad to see Robbo in front of Foote. Good for Swampy on being selected. Less good for COR not being selected.

Are they going to announce the squad for the NEAFL match? That will be interesting. Will AJ be playing? And will the other rookies be in action? Styles, Bell, Brown, Pink, Amartey? Are they all available or some injured? Please post when you know, ugg.

It's not looking too good for Maibaum. He hasn't gotten the least look in this pre-season despite not having any injury that we know of and his contract is up this year. I feel a touch less worried for Pink (a) because I was more impressed in what I saw from Pink than Maibaum last year; (b) because Pink at least had a vote of confidence when he was recontracted for this season which Maibaum hasn't yet had; (c) because, as a rookie, the expectations are a little lower than late second round draft pick. There's also (d) the list managers were pretty ruthless last year when we lost Edwards, Fisher, Laidler and gives a strong message there's no room for complacency.
    Each training session I've been to (only a handful admittedly), Maibaum has been a non-participant. So I suggest he's had some injury issue that's held him back, and explains why we've not seen him.

I've not seen Pink train either.

I'll be surprised if AJ plays in the NEAFL game given he was sidelined for a period after January with groin soreness. Not sure if he's back in full training yet, but they're going to be conservative with him, you'd think.
    Last edited by liz; 8th March 2018 at 05:33 PM. Reason: grammar/typo

Pink was in some of the training pics yesterday.

Regular in the Side
    Hayward when he was commentating for the practice game said Pink had a shoulder injury. Did not say how serious.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast