Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: JLT2 - Swans v Giants @ Blacktown

I like what I see so far this preseason.

Cunningham has had a very good preseason and he brought his kicking boots today. Lock for round 1.
    Our undersized defenders played very well against a tall and high quality forward line. Melican was great. He's heading for an AA playing level in the not too distant future.

Prefer Florent to Hayward so far this preseason, but I think Hayward had some interruption to his training. He still has trouble sticking tackles. I'm sure he'll come along fine.

Agree that Cameron still has a way to go to be an AFL ruckman. We got smashed in the hitouts, but nonetheless won the centre clearances. It was not at all evident that we were being hurt by losing the ruck contests. I think Towers is our best ruckman and should be given the round 1 job with big minutes from Aliir to help out. He doesn't win the hitouts, but his second efforts are good and we seem to come out of the ruck contests doing alright. I'm pretty sure Sinclair will be given first crack if his ankle is okay.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Won the free kick count 26-11 which is weird....but 13 of our frees were for high contact, according to the AFL live feed. Fu**ing Giant headhunters!
    26-11!? Well, personally, I think that GWS were lucky to get 11.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    ... We got smashed in the hitouts, but nonetheless won the centre clearances. It was not at all evident that we were being hurt by losing the ruck contests. I think Towers is our best ruckman and should be given the round 1 job with big minutes from Aliir to help out. He doesn't win the hitouts, but his second efforts are good and we seem to come out of the ruck contests doing alright. I'm pretty sure Sinclair will be given first crack if his ankle is okay.
    In bold, perhaps the most important outcome of the night. We will see a lot more of this, and I think we have the midfield to handle it, both regulars and others having a chop at it.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

I watched the game tonight and was overall pretty happy with what I witnessed. There was some good ball movement and great forward pressure against one of the better sides in the competition. Some younger and/or newer players showed good signs (Stoddart, Marsh to name two). With the top liners to come in I think we are definitely top 8 and potentially a premiership contender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I forgot to mention in my last post that It seems pretty apparent that there is a slight change to the game plan this year emphasising a lot more short passing and less long bomb kicking.

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    I forgot to mention in my last post that It seems pretty apparent that there is a slight change to the game plan this year emphasising a lot more short passing and less long bomb kicking.

I agree. The short passing is obvious and anyone who can't execute the plan is going to find themselves playing a lot more reserves footy.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y560-U23 using Tapatalk

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567