Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans Selections for round 1

Updated injury list on afl.com.au. http://http://www.afl.com.au/news/20...list-preseason

No mention of Dawson or Ling. And thankfully the scare about Lloyd perpetrated on this site earlier in the week appears to be groundless.

Regular in the Side
    I will believe that Dawson and Ling are not injured when they run out in the NEAFL practice game. Remember Ronke last year did not exist for about two months.

I find this quote from Jake Lloyd interesting:

�Hopefully I can help the younger guys like Robbie Fox to take their game to another level.�

.................... considering that Jake is 5 months younger than Robbie.

It comes from a favourable article on McCartin: https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/tom...efd61f59e82567

Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    I will believe that Dawson and Ling are not injured when they run out in the NEAFL practice game. Remember Ronke last year did not exist for about two months.
    Yes�I didn't write that very well. I have no doubt that they are injured, and am frustrated that the Club doesn't let us know about it. Some players just seem to disappear into the twilight injury zone.

Adam Curley on afl.com.au has Darcy Cameron playing Round 1 ahead of Sinkers: Season preview: Sydney - AFL.com.au. Unless it's due to injury I think they'll give Sinkers first crack. He had some good form late last year and assuming his pre-season has been solid he has his nose in front. But if Cameron does well in the reserves and Sinkers doesn't do so well in the seniors I can see that changing. I do however agree with Curley that Stoddart is more likely to be listed as an emergency than to play round 1. I disagree that they will select Aliir instead of Melican although it would be exciting to be proven wrong. I think Aliir's form, from the little I have seen of it this year, is too inconsistent. His hot patches are great but then he has lapses and I fear his lapses will cost us more than his hot patches will get us. He needs to improve his consistency. While Cunningham may play Round 1, I see him as benchwarming for Hanners. And I'm wondering whether Macca will play this year and, if so, at whose expense.

A propos of nothing in particular, I had the misfortune today of running into a rabid Carlton fan who was bleating about the Swans having an unfair advantage because we effectively have an extra 10% salary cap to everyone else. When I asked him what the *#@! he was talking about he cited COLA (?!) and the Buddy contract (!!!) (which according to him Buddy will not see out and which we won't have to honour). I was so aghast I (literally) called for my partner to save me (annoyingly she "didn't hear" and merely thought I was having a passionate and enthusiastic exchange with a fellow footy fan and I had to extricate myself). Living in Sydney this kind of situation is a rare occurrence for me and I have greater sympathy for those of you in Melbourne and Adelaide (and probably Perth and elsewhere) who have to put up with this sort of stuff more often. What I like about it is that it shows that we are these days regarded as a successful club which is why we inevitably have haters. Just like I hate Hawthorn (especially a significant slice of their fans). Still, at least I respect them.

The irony of this being a Carlton fan when they are the biggest proven salary cap cheats out there wasn't lost on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    It would surprise me.

I think fox, cunningham, newman and florent will probably get selected ahead of him. We have got a tough start to the season. So i assume a mid season debut is more likely.

Maybe Ling was injured while signing his contract extension.

Sydney�s first-round draft pick, Matt Ling, has committed to the Swans, putting pen to paper on a one-year contract extension.

The 14th overall pick in last year�s AFL Draft will now be a Swan until at least the end of 2020.
    Ling extends contract - sydneyswans.com.au
    Last edited by liz; 20th March 2018 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Added link to article
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

I hope the article quoting Horse ..." Hannebery and McVeigh are both possible starters in Perth"....is a smoke screen...

We've been down this, 'half fit players', path before..... with lousy outcomes.

Please Horse play match fit players, you've got plenty to choose from!
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    I hope the article quoting Horse ..." Hannebery and McVeigh are both possible starters in Perth"....is a smoke screen...

We've been down this, 'half fit players', path before..... with lousy outcomes.

Please Horse play match fit players, you've got plenty to choose from!
    Another interesting point from that article ( Injured Swans 'putting their case forward' - AFL.com.au ) is the ruck situation, where Horse said this:

"We've got Sinclair who we expect to come back into the team this week and play after rolling his ankle a couple of weeks ago," Longmire said.

"We probably played six or seven games last year with only one ruckman, so we've done that before.

"We were probably thinking of going along those lines anyway, and we'll just have to come up with different ways (to compete in the ruck)."

So, it looks like the Swans coaches have decided the one ruck policy is the way to go.......thankfully!!

Jurassic Park Perth - Battle of the Bohemoths

cal-sinclair-620-knee.jpg

Ruckasaurus Stretchera

v.

Ruckasaurus Nicnati

NicNat1.jpg

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast