Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans Selections for round 1

Luke Parker has some interesting insights on the ruck situation, per SEN interview: Audioboom / Luke Parker on SEN Breakfast

Pretty much what I've been saying, in that the team looks to break even on the ruck contests and plays it more defensively.

No one wants to see players get injured, but it's almost a certainty that we will be without a genuine ruckman some time this year. Then we will be forced to implement a 'ruckman-light' policy, maybe going with an Aliir-Towers combo. Once we discover how well this works, there may be no going back.

Veterans List
    I see Sam Murray will be selected for Round 1 for the 'Pies. Good luck to him....but not too much.

Bucks confirms debut pair in black and white - AFL.com.au

Regular in the Side
    Just clicked on the link Injury List - sydneyswans.com.au
    on the swannies web site re injuries and this came up .

EY SWANS INJURY LIST - 31/03/2015
    Player Injury Estimated Return
    Alex Johnson Knee Indefinite
    Lloyd Perris Knee 4-6 weeks
    Nic Newman Knee 2-4 weeks
    Ben McGlynn Buttock/Hamstring 1-2 weeks
    Jarrad McVeigh Calf Test
    Kurt Tippett Knee Test

good to see we are being kept informed on the injury updates from March 2015

Regular in the Side
    Well this is the one I found

Injury List
    Aliir Aliir (ankle) test
    Jordan Dawson (quad) 2-3 weeks
    Dan Hannebery (calf) test
    Alex Johnson (groin) 2-3 weeks
    Jarrad McVeigh (calf) test
    Sam Naismith (knee) season
    Toby Pink (ankle) 6-8 weeks
    Callum Sinclair (ankle) test

Regular in the Side
    At the bottom of the article Key Swans to be tested - sydneyswans.com.au

is the link Injury List - sydneyswans.com.au

that takes you to the 2015 update.

Regular in the Side
    To add to it if you go to the HCF Health Hub you get the extremely useful!!! 29/8/17 injury list. The Swans website is a total shambles and a great source of misinformation but not a great source of information. Yet to see anything about the practice match against Sydney Uni though it seems Toby Pink collected a 6-8 week ankle injury from it.

The injury list is looking pretty good with no key players out for very long. Only Toby Pink looks to miss a couple of months. It must have been a bad ankle injury (reported by some who watched the practice match), maybe a syndesmosis. Dawson and AJ could be ready for the NEAFL opener. Matt Ling must be over his turf toe injury as the list seems quite comprehensive, so I doubt if it was an omission.

Although Aliir looks doubtful for this week, there's been a bit hype coming from the Swans HQ that he's destined to be playing a fair bit of senior footy this season. With Shaw as our new defence coach, Aliir's chances for finding his way into the seniors looks strong: Aliir set for key Swans role says Shaw

It won't be easy picking the squad this season with quality depth reaching to nearly 30 players. We can be conservative with injured players so long as the list doesn't get too large.
    Last edited by Ludwig; 20th March 2018 at 07:10 PM.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by Bexl View Post
    Just clicked on the link Injury List - sydneyswans.com.au
    on the swannies web site re injuries and this came up .

EY SWANS INJURY LIST - 31/03/2015
    Player Injury Estimated Return
    Alex Johnson Knee Indefinite
    Lloyd Perris Knee 4-6 weeks
    Nic Newman Knee 2-4 weeks
    Ben McGlynn Buttock/Hamstring 1-2 weeks
    Jarrad McVeigh Calf Test
    Kurt Tippett Knee Test

good to see we are being kept informed on the injury updates from March 2015
    Scared the hell out of me! I thought AJ had done a knee again. (McVeigh sounds accurate though)
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Luke Parker has some interesting insights on the ruck situation, per SEN interview: Audioboom / Luke Parker on SEN Breakfast

Pretty much what I've been saying, in that the team looks to break even on the ruck contests and plays it more defensively.

No one wants to see players get injured, but it's almost a certainty that we will be without a genuine ruckman some time this year. Then we will be forced to implement a 'ruckman-light' policy, maybe going with an Aliir-Towers combo. Once we discover how well this works, there may be no going back.
    Cheers for the link; a good listen. Luke seemed confident, in good spirits.

Reckon we'll have to lose both Sinclair and Cameron (sure, it's not unlikely) for Aliir-Towers to be used.

Harley, in his interview published on the official site today, played down possibility Aliir will do more than pinch-hit in the ruck, noting he's being developed as a key defender. That makes sense, once Grundy retires Rampe-Melican-Aliir will be our tall defenders (for some time), a Johnson miracle aside.

Can barely contain my excitement. Thursday 6.25pm is always one of my favourite times of the week throughout footy season. Hannebery, McVeigh and Grundy all possible starters. That's a lot of smarts (and a lot of slow) to bring into the team. Hope the committee holds its nerve and goes with pace, pace, pace. Fingers crossed for Fox, Florent and Hayward, all of whom I would love to see run out (but I can't see more than one of those three as starters.
    Anyway, roll on Sunday 4.20pm. And then Port at the SCG. How good will that be?

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Reilly Boy View Post
    Fingers crossed for Fox, Florent and Hayward, all of whom I would love to see run out (but I can't see more than one of those three as starters.
    If only one starts I hope it's Fox. Looked very comfortable down back pre-season, could cover for McVeigh (or replace) and free up Mills for more midfield time

Does anyone know if Sydney are training in Perth in the lead up to the West Coast game, and if so, where it will be held?

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast