Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Swans Selections for round 1

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Does anyone know if Sydney are training in Perth in the lead up to the West Coast game, and if so, where it will be held?
    It was reported on the Swans website that they're having a run around at the new stadium on Saturday some time.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I see Sam Murray will be selected for Round 1 for the 'Pies. Good luck to him....but not too much.

Bucks confirms debut pair in black and white -
    They think very highly of Murray and it looks like he'll go straight into their seniors side. I wish him no luck though. In fact I hope he fails. Nothing against him personally, but once someone goes over to the dark side they don't deserve my best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    The injury list is looking pretty good with no key players out for very long. Only Toby Pink looks to miss a couple of months. It must have been a bad ankle injury (reported by some who watched the practice match), maybe a syndesmosis. Dawson and AJ could be ready for the NEAFL opener. Matt Ling must be over his turf toe injury as the list seems quite comprehensive, so I doubt if it was an omission.

Although Aliir looks doubtful for this week, there's been a bit hype coming from the Swans HQ that he's destined to be playing a fair bit of senior footy this season. With Shaw as our new defence coach, Aliir's chances for finding his way into the seniors looks strong: Aliir set for key Swans role says Shaw

It won't be easy picking the squad this season with quality depth reaching to nearly 30 players. We can be conservative with injured players so long as the list doesn't get too large.
    Naismiths not on that list?

Warming the Bench
    Looking forward to the 2018 season. There's been a bit of talk about McV and Hanners being available. IMO - if they're not ready to play they shouldn't as we've got plenty of depth. The talk about NicNat playing for the WCE is a bit interesting. I hope he plays but after 17 mths out of footy he'll be quite rusty.
    'My' team selections for R1

Smith Grundy Newman
    Mills Melican Rampe

Zach Jones Heeney Hewett
    Sinclair Kennedy Parker

Papley Reid Towers
    Rohan Franklin Jack

I/C Lloyd, Aliir, Hayward, ??? the 4th can be from Cunningham, Fox, Marsh, Cameron

We don't know if Sinclair and Aliir will be fully fit.

Hope we win and that the game isn't ruined by Andrew Embley's nauseating 'special comments' on SEN.

Veteran Site Admin
    Longmire has confirmed that Aliir won't play this week (at any level) but that Sinclair is fit (subject to completing training today).

He also said that McVeigh and Hanners have been training at a very high level over the last 10 days or so and are pushing strongly for selection. I really hope they don't pick them, or at least not both. It's about them being right for the bulk of the season, not necessarily round 1 and, as others have commented, surely the club learned a lesson last year about not picking players who aren't fully fit. If the game was in Sydney I'd be less concerned with them being selected, but the travel there and back - and hence the recovery - aren't normal this week (given the distance). Surely it would be better to give them both another solid week of training, rather than have this interrupted by travel and recovery?

Regarding the rest of the team, Florent seems likely, certainly ahead of Marsh and possibly Hayward, though they each play in different parts of the ground.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567