Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Swans Selections for round 1

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    How Foote and Robbo make the 22 is beyond me. Both are nEAFL players at best.
    They're not in the 22 - or not yet, anyway.

Robbo is OK as the 22nd player picked in a team (if others are injured). He's an honest hard worker.

Could the day go any slower? I've run out of chores and the doubts are creeping in.

The mood within the team is so different compared to this time last year. Perhaps that's a good thing.

Confirmed on swans Twitter he is out.

A reminder of our biggest depth issue: after Buddy and Reid, who are our ready to play key forwards? (And don�t yet count McCartin. And given our ruck stocks, don�t count them either)

Veteran Site Admin
    Reid is confirmed as an "out" (hamstring - which suggests it won't be a one week thing, especially given his history with soft tissue injuries). Hayward is in.

Not only does it make our forward line short, it also robs Horse of his favourite tactic of sticking Reid back for the last five minutes of each quarter.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Hayward in for Reid

Starting I/C McVeigh Florent Towers Newman

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Reid is confirmed as an "out" (hamstring - which suggests it won't be a one week thing, especially given his history with soft tissue injuries). Hayward is in.

Not only does it make our forward line short, it also robs Horse of his favourite tactic of sticking Reid back for the last five minutes of each quarter.
    And his second favourite choice Rohan also not playing. Heeney is the other who I can remember filling this role.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by I�m-uninformed2 View Post
    Confirmed on swans Twitter he is out.

A reminder of our biggest depth issue: after Buddy and Reid, who are our ready to play key forwards? (And don�t yet count McCartin. And given our ruck stocks, don�t count them either)
    Tippett?

Fact is, we don't have any. Dawson (if he could ever get himself fit) could probably play as a decent medium sized forward.

We do, however, have a lot of half back flankers...

Aliir probably would fill that role if needed but I�m not convinced he�s any good in that position.

Given Kennedy is out and we have Melican and Rampe in defence ....

How about a curve ball.... Grundy to the forward line....At least to start the game and hopefully catch the Eagles off guard.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Lucky we've got a best 27 to go into a best 22, because we've used up all our extras for this one. If we play like we have in the JLT we should do fine. Hopefully no bad incidents in the game and all the players get through it fine.

I doubt that Reid is all that bad or we wouldn't have named him in the side on Friday. He must have been close at the Thursday training session. I guess we'll get more news later in the day.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112