Thread: Recruitment 2019

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Recruitment 2019

Not sure if anyone else noticed Nick Shipley

At 188cm, 93kg I see a player that could be groomed to take over a Kennedy inside role in the future

Rediculous one game call in Snrs I know but the kid has a lot of potential for an inside role I think and a Kennedy type build and inside role is hard to find

I saw Shipley play once in the neafl last season when he popped up on my radar and not sure how we could get him across easily but he appears a value opportunity

Important note : Josh Kennedy turns 30 in June this year 2018 hence succession no doubt important

Shipley is new to footy. Sydney gws academy raw player but the unique size like a Kennedy....... Lined up on the wing against Ollie prior to when de boer went to the wing

Like the situation Kennedy found himself in at the hawks the gws team with hopper, Taranto, shiels, ward, kelly, Whitfield, coniglio, Setterfield and Scully etc gws are stacked with massive midfield cap issues and ripe for picking up a Sydney boy emerging

I think Shipley would be an ideal 3 year contract project player at a good price

Nicholas Shipley - GWSGIANTS.com.au
    Last edited by Auntie.Gerald; 11th March 2018 at 09:14 AM.