Thread: Recruitment 2019

Recruitment 2019

Not sure if anyone else noticed Nick Shipley

At 188cm, 93kg I see a player that could be groomed to take over a Kennedy inside role in the future

Rediculous one game call in Snrs I know but the kid has a lot of potential for an inside role I think and a Kennedy type build and inside role is hard to find

I saw Shipley play once in the neafl last season when he popped up on my radar and not sure how we could get him across easily but he appears a value opportunity

Important note : Josh Kennedy turns 30 in June this year 2018 hence succession no doubt important

Shipley is new to footy. Sydney gws academy raw player but the unique size like a Kennedy....... Lined up on the wing against Ollie prior to when de boer went to the wing

Like the situation Kennedy found himself in at the hawks the gws team with hopper, Taranto, shiels, ward, kelly, Whitfield, coniglio, Setterfield and Scully etc gws are stacked with massive midfield cap issues and ripe for picking up a Sydney boy emerging

I think Shipley would be an ideal 3 year contract project player at a good price

Nicholas Shipley - GWSGIANTS.com.au
    Last edited by Auntie.Gerald; 11th March 2018 at 09:14 AM.

JLT 1: Nick Shipley Post Match - GWSGIANTS.com.au

Also given we went hard to get running players on board and it appears we have those in spades now I wonder if we will cycle back into succession planning for the inside mids

Macca
    Jack
    Kennedy

The next few years one after the other these type of hard edge players will be no doubt retiring and some serious opportunities arise to attract another inside player of the future

I will make a call now, watch out for Josh Rayner turning 18 next year. A big lad 6'3" in the old money, has all the skills, can run all day and has a little bit of mongrel in him.
    Fits the prototype big bodied mid fielder.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Pmcc2911 View Post
    I will make a call now, watch out for Josh Rayner turning 18 next year. A big lad 6'3" in the old money, has all the skills, can run all day and has a little bit of mongrel in him.
    Fits the prototype big bodied mid fielder.
    Is he one of ours (via the academy)?

Warming the Bench

Loving this thread already, as there is just too much info on some of the non-Swans-specific sites.

Just to clarify, is this considering people we would recruit at the end of this year for the 2019 season, or is it people who we would recruit in 2019?

How great is it to have what looks to be 2 academy kids who are legit 1st rounders in consecutive drafts, and KPPs as well. We would be able to completely focus recruiting on midfielders and outside runners with skill for the next 5 years. What a luxury.

Longmire was talk about Blakey Jnr as a big bodied midfielder who can push forward rather than a KPP

Category: | Herald Sun

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    How great is it to have what looks to be 2 academy kids who are legit 1st rounders in consecutive drafts, and KPPs as well. We would be able to completely focus recruiting on midfielders and outside runners with skill for the next 5 years. What a luxury.
    A bit ahead of yourself there Ludwig, Nick Blakey has three choices at the end of this year and we are just one of them.

Josh Rayner looks an exciting type, particularly liked that he was selected for his clean skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    Loving this thread already, as there is just too much info on some of the non-Swans-specific sites.

Just to clarify, is this considering people we would recruit at the end of this year for the 2019 season, or is it people who we would recruit in 2019?
    I read it as kids who would be drafted at the end of 2019