Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: #Round 18 Weekly Discussion Thread

#Round 18 Weekly Discussion Thread

Switched off Saints v Tigers
    Watching the golf. There you go AFL Friday night programming.

Tigers game plan is simple. Zone defence, pressure on kicker, force turnover, and all your players are free because they were zoning, not man on man.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    It got very ugly very quickly.

Unfortunately, for us who like a Swans day/arvo game. Tonight is the reason why the Swans feature on Thu/Fri/Sat night games and will prob continue in years to come. AFL knows we will generally be competitive regardless of our list and punters don't switch off early

McAvaney reckons this goal from Jack Stevens tonight is goal of the year. As far as trick shot goals like these goes, I reckon Parker's scissor kick goal from R1 has him covered (and commentators have very short memories):

Category: | Herald Sun

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    McAvaney reckons this goal from Jack Stevens tonight is goal of the year. As far as trick shot goals like these goes, I reckon Parker's scissor kick goal from R1 has him covered (and commentators have very short memories):

Category: | Herald Sun
    Oh dear. He could have easily take possession. He jagged it but that lack of discipline us why they struggle.

Parker's goal was constructing something out of nothing.
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    There was a feast last night, V8s, F1, The Open, live cricket, AFL came 5th in my channel surfing. As for Carlton on Friday nights, who in the AFL is owning that disastrous decision?

Veterans List
    Well, after our insipid display today which left us in danger of losing touch with the top four.....Geelong has done us a favour by keeping Melbourne below us with their last gasp win. What a great game of footy that was! Melbourne fans.....who'd be one?

Which leaves tomorrow and GWS v Port, who are above us by only 1.7%. A biggish win to the Giants may see Port slip to fifth and us back to fourth.....which would be bizarre after today's bottom of the ladder standard loss to the Suns.

Who do we want to win, Giants or Power? I think we are no chance of the 4 and every chance to miss the 8, so go Port!

No! If Giants win and knock down Ports percentage then we cling on to 4th spot and from hear on anything can happen!

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Who do we want to win, Giants or Power? I think we are no chance of the 4 and every chance to miss the 8, so go Port!
    First time I’ve typed these words but ... go GW$

Wow, right now we are in the top 4

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast