1: Colin O�Riordan (Sydney)

Breakdown

Robinson 5-3 or 4-4
    Cameron 5-3 or 4-4
    Newman 5-3 or 4-4
    Fox 2-1
    Manteit 2-0
    O'Riordan 1-0
    Nice to see that our dropped players haven't had a sulk and are all playing well.
    Last edited by dejavoodoo44; 22nd May 2018 at 02:01 PM.

Though it's not nice to see, that they're playing this week's NEAFL game well on the way to the Sunshine Coast, rather than at the Gabba. Surely it wouldn't destroy the ground, if they had it as a curtain raiser.

I watched a bit of Maibaum on Saturday. He is slighter than I thought he would be for a "key" defender, but he is certainly mobile and seemed to have good instincts about when to move to spaces.

Melican has bulked up and will be the logical Reg replacement. Maibaum impressed me and he played a bit like Talia of the Crows. If Johnson were to get better, they would be a bit similar, IMHO, and capable.

It was an interesting game to follow; not much gelling in the first third, better in the second third, and in the last they were on the same page (at last). Everyone seemed to be more or less in sinc. and it showed.

I like Armitage. He is kind of elegant. And whatever ugg said, I agree with.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Though it's not nice to see, that they're playing this week's NEAFL game well on the way to the Sunshine Coast, rather than at the Gabba. Surely it wouldn't destroy the ground, if they had it as a curtain raiser.
    When the NEAFL draw was released, this was marked as a curtain raiser to the Lions v Swans AFL game. So I had a quick peek at the BF Lions board to find out the reason for this, apparently this will be the 4th week in a row the Gabba will host an AFL game and the AFL is nervous the ground might not hold up.

Also note the new time 11:30am vs the original scheduled time of 12:55pm.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    When the NEAFL draw was released, this was marked as a curtain raiser to the Lions v Swans AFL game. So I had a quick peek at the BF Lions board to find out the reason for this, apparently this will be the 4th week in a row the Gabba will host an AFL game and the AFL is nervous the ground might not hold up.

Also note the new time 11:30am vs the original scheduled time of 12:55pm.
    Ta, though it doesn't really seem to be ground churning weather up here. Only the occasional shower and still a bit of grass-growing warmth.
    Though I must admit that I was only really posting out of self interest. It's easy to get to the Gabba, by train from the Gold Coast. South Pine: not so much.

I see the reserves game against Brisbane this week is being streamed! Do we think that young Blakey may keep his place in the side, against a team he could have chosen to play with no less! Would love to watch him in a full game, especially seeing as he got to see how it feels at that level in his debut last week!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    I see the reserves game against Brisbane this week is being streamed! Do we think that young Blakey may keep his place in the side, against a team he could have chosen to play with no less! Would love to watch him in a full game, especially seeing as he got to see how it feels at that level in his debut last week!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Blakey has Allies duties this weekend, I believe. The 50-man squad is due to meet for a camp in preparation for the upcoming division one U18 championships. We're unlikely to see Blakey again in the NEAFL side until the championships are over.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    BRISBANE

B: 42. Mitch Hinge 45. Jack Frost 24. Liam Dawson
    HB: 20. Cedric Cox 22. Marco Paparone 32. Sam Mayes
    C: 19. Jacob Allison 35. Ryan Lester 1. Ben Keays
    HF: 43. Jake Barrett 38. Connor Ballenden 4. Ryan Bastinac
    F: 39. Corey Lyons 14. Josh Walker 7. Tom Bell
    Foll: 44. Archie Smith 36. Rhys Mathieson 37. Brandon Starcevich
    Inter: 50. Jai Kennealy 51. Caleb Franks 52. Justin Currie 53. Daniel Fleming 54. Ethan Hunt
    Emer: Cody Stackelberg Tarj Townson
    In: 51. Caleb Franks 53. Daniel Fleming 54. Ethan Hunt 52. Justin Currie
    Out: 8. Rohan Bewick (injured) 17. Claye Beams (injured) 54. Billy Johnson (injured)

New: 51. Caleb Franks 52. Justin Currie

SYDNEY

B: 51. Conor Flanagan 21. Jack Maibaum 58. Mitchell Rogers
    HB: 38. Colin O�Riordan 36. Aliir Aliir 28. Nic Newman
    C: 22. Dean Towers 45. Angus Styles 59. Luke Parks
    HF: 27. Dan Robinson 16. Gary Rohan 1. James Rose
    F: 55. Bailey Stewart 46. Joel Amartey 50. Sam Wicks
    Foll: 17. Darcy Cameron 42. Robbie Fox 19. Matthew Ling
    Inter: 52. Aidan Watling 54. Jeremy Shumack 53. Dylan Smith 49. Adam Tipungwuti
    Emer: 56. Cooper Kilpatrick 57. Jordan Adams
    In: 53. Dylan Smith 49. Adam Tipungwuti 16. Gary Rohan 52. Aidan Watling 59. Luke Parks
    Out: 31. Harrison Marsh (AFL) 56. Joey Reinhard (Allies) 52. Joshua Stern (Allies) 49. Nick Blakey (Allies) 59. Kyle McKellar (Allies).

New: 59. Luke Parks

Melican not playing. Hope he hasn't had a setback with his rehab.

Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    Melican not playing. Hope he hasn't had a setback with his rehab.

Yes it looks like both Melican and Pink did not come up. That might be more the doctor trying to ensure the injury doesn't return in a hurry. I don't mind the doctor and physios being overly cautious. If you look back to 2013, 2015 and even 2014 and 2016 we had injuries to key players at the wrong time. If we are to keep a healthy list it is better to be cautious than bring them back too soon. The other thing we have this year that was missing in most of those years is great, not just good but great, depth.

In the next three weeks, I say three as the most, we get back Pink, Melican, Bell, Brown, Dawson, AJ and Foote. The inclusion of all these players will deepen our depth incredibly. We will be in a very healthy state coming to the bye. After the bye we need to really take advantage of that depth and utilise the players who are ready for seniors by resting senior players one or two at a time to conserve their energy and vitality for a finals run. Everything needs to be systematically and holistically measured rto gain the best outcomes for the club.