Page 60 of 82 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast

Thread: NEAFL discussion thread

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I don't see why not. They both played in our last premiership.

My changes for this week:
    In. Grundy, AJ.
    Out: Marsh, Cameron.
    Hmm. Four tall defenders is a lot. It'd be an amusing reversal from this week's two. Rampe would have to play more as a rebounder.

I am attracted to both those dudes, with their strong minds, coming in for the last stretch of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Hmm. Four tall defenders is a lot. It'd be an amusing reversal from this week's two. Rampe would have to play more as a rebounder.

I am attracted to both those dudes, with their strong minds, coming in for the last stretch of the season.
    I don't think of AJ is a tall. He can play tall or short. And allir is about our most nimble defender.

A defence of Allir, Grundy, AJ and Rampe would be considered "short" by AFL standards.

I don't think of AJ is a tall. He can play tall or short. And allir is about our most nimble defender.

A defence of Allir, Grundy, AJ and Rampe would be considered "short" by AFL standards.
    I'd say about average height. AJ is taller than Grundy. It would be okay against most sides, except Richmond.

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    What is happening with Maibaum??
    sprite

Whats the opinion of posters re. Neafl as preparation for the AFL? I feel that we would have more AFL ready players if the reserves played against AFL listed players week in, week out. Is there any talk of a nation wide AFL reserves competition?

Neafl is ok standard. There are some on here who say that so-and-so young player is banging down the door for senior selection based on NEAFL games. It doesn't always translate.

A player moving up need a good length of strong performances, AND a suitable vacancy in the seniors to come up. Neafl players cannot demand a game in the seniors based solely on NEAFL form.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Whats the opinion of posters re. Neafl as preparation for the AFL? I feel that we would have more AFL ready players if the reserves played against AFL listed players week in, week out. Is there any talk of a nation wide AFL reserves competition?
    While I am no expert, I think that the NEAFL has improved over the past few years. There aren't too many score blowouts and I think that the non-AFL teams have become stronger. This could be because of the academies. That is, if players go through the academies, and don't get drafted, quite a few of them now go to NEAFL clubs. Also some delisted players, as well. Assuming that the process continues, then competition should keep gradually improving.
    Another thing that may happen, is that some of those players may still get a chance at AFL. For instance, if an academy kid just misses out on being drafted and then blitzes it playing for Sydney Uni, then that form could see them then being welcomed on to our rookie list. If that sort of motivational pathway was established, then the NEAFL should be further strengthened.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Funny that you should mention that. About 4-5 weeks ago there was talk about a national reserves comp being introduced. I'll see if I can find an article. It is definitely needed. The NEAFL, although stronger than it used to be, is nowhere near as strong as VFL, WAFL or SANFL which is a definite disadvantage.

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar

Temporary NEAFL discussion thread - use this to continue chat and I'll merge later

Hey guys, having issues with the NEAFL thread, can you please continue where you left off, using this thread, I'll merge later when I've foxed the parent thread.

Thanks
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Senior Player

Agree that was the case in 2012, not sure it still is??

Veterans List
    Bye this week?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Bye this week?
    Yep.