Page 51 of 82 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Thread: NEAFL discussion thread

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    O'Riordan Newman Marsh and Cameron all very good today. O'Riordan played mainly midfield - I'm not sure what to read into that if he is an option to replace McVeigh at half back.

Veterans List
    Good win by the two's.....good to see Pink still exists! Newman and COR did well. I think Newman, despite his detractors, may return to the seniors next week, maybe COR as well for a deserved debut.

Newman, O'Riordan and Cameron should all come into the senior side next game. They are all playing consistently good football.

With Reid out again, I would try by Cameron and Sinclair sharing the ruck/forward role, as both have played forward for large parts of their careers, so it's not just a ruckman playing as a forward. (Not to be confused with a 2 ruckman policy).

Dawson was good, but still off his form from last year. Wait a bit longer.

Maibaum continues to show good signs for the future, but I think he would struggle at AFL level.

I'm almost ready to give AJ a go in the seniors. You can tell he's played AFL football before.

I don't recall seeing Foote in the 2nd half.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Newman, O'Riordan and Cameron should all come into the senior side next game. They are all playing consistently good football.

With Reid out again, I would try by Cameron and Sinclair sharing the ruck/forward role, as both have played forward for large parts of their careers, so it's no just a ruckman playing as a forward. (Not to be confused with a 2 ruckman policy).

Maibaum continues to show good sign for the future, but I think he would struggle a bit at AFL level.

I'm almost ready to give AJ a go in the seniors. You can tell he's played AFL football before.
    All those years ago when he last played, he was very quick for his size. How much speed do you think he has lost? Was one of his main strengths.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    O'Riordan Newman Marsh and Cameron all very good today. O'Riordan played mainly midfield - I'm not sure what to read into that if he is an option to replace McVeigh at half back.
    We need speed in the midfield to match likes of Tigers and Cats

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    All those years ago when he last played, he was very quick for his size. How much speed do you think he has lost? Was one of his main strengths.
    AJ looks a lot the same as in 2012, but it's really hard to make a comparison given the long time gap. It's more a feeling that he could easily slot into the senior side with his footy knowledge, but hard to say how he would adjust to the speed and level of the game.

Senior Player

With Reid out again, I would try by Cameron and Sinclair sharing the ruck/forward role, as both have played forward for large parts of their careers, so it's not just a ruckman playing as a forward. (Not to be confused with a 2 ruckman policy).

Maibaum continues to show good signs for the future, but I think he would struggle at AFL level.

I don't recall seeing Foote in the 2nd half.
    I agree with all of that. O'Riordan's time is now - I think he's just what we need.

I think Cameron providing a target as a deep forward would be really helpful, stretching defences faced with three legitimate contested mark targets.

I still think they'll be tempted to play Dawson, since we need ball-winners. You could read into his ruck play that he's a chance to come in for Towers, kind of contest the ruck then try to win the ball.

- - - Updated - - -

AJ looks a lot the same as in 2012, but it's really hard to make a comparison given the long time gap. It's more a feeling that he could easily slot into the senior side with his footy knowledge, but hard to say how he would adjust to the speed and level of the game.
    His fitness seems to be coming on - he got up the ground and ran out the game well.

Senior Player
    Hate to see him embarrassed but I guess he does match simulation at training. Report on AFL website that it is Achilles tightness for Reid. Both the Reids are very fragile physically for their size.

Given his past Achilles problems, Reid will probably have at least a few weeks back in rehab, then maybe he'll be ready for some limited game time in the NEAFL, then hopefully he can put in a full game without injury, then lo and behold --- It"s October again and time for another holiday!

Senior Player
    Given his past Achilles problems, Reid will probably have at least a few weeks back in rehab, then maybe he'll be ready for some limited game time in the NEAFL, then hopefully he can put in a full game without injury, then lo and behold --- It"s October again and time for another holiday!
    Probably sadly accurate

Yes terrible news on Reid. Luckily the young McCartin is playing so well to cover his loss to some extent. I agree that we badly need ball winners at present. We are being killed by our incapacity to move it into our forward line effectively. I think that some of these performers in the Reserves will finally get their chance this coming week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Carbon copy of 2016 where we nearly played him in GF. Would have been handy in retrospect because Buddy was lame.

It could be worse. I’m just watching the Lions slaughter Carlton. Carlton are a disgrace at present. Like witch hats at training.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk