Page 17 of 82 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Thread: NEAFL discussion thread

Senior Player
    It seems that both AJ and Dawson won't be seen in the ressies for some time. Both placed on the injury list TBC never never.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Senior Player
    I too fear that AJ is not going to make it. It sounds like he has had a wound healing setback from his most recent surgery. From a medical point of view he seams to have issues with wound healing and recurrent infection which is a shame but it�s just Conjecture on my part. As I said I feel that if he doesn�t play seniors this year then it�s unlikely that he will he kept on again. I hope he makes it

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    I too fear that AJ is not going to make it. It sounds like he has had a wound healing setback from his most recent surgery. From a medical point of view he seams to have issues with wound healing and recurrent infection which is a shame but it�s just Conjecture on my part. As I said I feel that if he doesn�t play seniors this year then it�s unlikely that he will he kept on again. I hope he makes it
    Can't help but to agree with you. It doesn't look very promising for AJ but like you I would dearly hope that he makes it as just deserts for the determination and hard work he put in. The guy really needs a decent break from the footy gods.

Confirmation about the nature of AJ's injury setback here: https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...17-p4za2i.html.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Confirmation about the nature of AJ's injury setback here: https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...17-p4za2i.html.
    Yea. Reading between the lines it sounds like a surgical wound site infection

Yea. Reading between the lines it sounds like a surgical wound site infection
    I read it to mean it was a issue with training load, and they were having to back that off slightly.

"While ramping up his training he had some groin soreness pre-Christmas, had that operated on, he had a minor setback at the site where the surgery was," Swans football manager Tom Harley said. "Not so much a re-strain but we've had to take the foot off the gas for a couple of weeks. Alex will continue after about a two-week spell."

There's a bit more on the Swans website which adds �We can�t put a hard and fast date on it but we are confident we will see Alex soon.�

I'm very excited that Melican might make it for the Crows game (from the same Age article):

The Swans have left the door ajar for backman Lewis Melican to face the Crows after missing a week due to a minor hamstring strain.

Melican, who earned votes from the coaches in his most recent match, would be a welcomed inclusion against a Crows forward line containing Taylor Walker, Josh Jenkins and Mitch McGovern.

"Playing the Crows on Friday night is a tight turnaround but we'll give him every chance, he's recovering well," Harley said.

Senior Player
    Yes I�ve read those are the comments that I was basing my post on

Veterans List
    The handful remaining reserves and a heap of toppies will play Gold Coast at Lismore on Saturday at 4.35pm. Could be ugly, very ugly. We await Ugg's preview.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I have the game at Southport starting 11am

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    I have the game at Southport starting 11am
    I was going by what's printed in the pocket guide sent with memberships but you obviously have a update.

Look forward to your team list!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    So a Google search reveals that the game was announced with some fanfare at Lismore last year but something must have happened as the NEAFL site and both teams� websites have the game at Fankhauser (Marty?) Reserve at Southport.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    So a Google search reveals that the game was announced with some fanfare at Lismore last year but something must have happened as the NEAFL site and both teams� websites have the game at Fankhauser (Marty?) Reserve at Southport.
    I am in Lismore. This was to be played on a ground that was being upgraded but unfortunately delays meant it would not be ready in time.