Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RWO #AFL Round 1 weekend discussion thread

Veteran Site Admin
    Carlton have some genuine star power developing in their side. Cripps was magnificent, especially in the first half, while Curnow and SPS look like they're developing quickly into excellent players. With Weitering and Marchbank, they also have two young, quality defenders.

The question mark for me is whether there's enough quality around those players for the team to become a top flight side in the next two or three years. Simpson and Kreuzer were also massively important in that performance and neither will be around for the long haul.

On the Rookie List
    Quite enjoyed that game and based on their performance Carlton should rise a few places up the ladder this year.
    Charlie Curnow could be anything.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    The question mark for me is whether there's enough quality around those players for the team to become a top flight side in the next two or three years. Simpson and Kreuzer were also massively important in that performance and neither will be around for the long haul.
    Kreuzer just proved how valuable a top flight ruckman can be. It's going to be a tough year for our mids without first use all season. I think we did well letting Jed Lamb go too. He's really not up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Kreuzer just proved how valuable a top flight ruckman can be.
    Yes. Because when they go down injured, which is all too common as we know, your team just falls apart.

The last 2 premiers had lowly ranked ruckmen. When they went off the ground, it hardly mattered.

Noted that Melbourne were able to leave out Angus Brayshaw and Dom Tyson from the final side, despite also missing Todd Viney. It shows they have a lot of depth this year and could be a strong contender if injuries don't take too great a toll by September.
    Last edited by Ludwig; 23rd March 2018 at 05:28 PM.

Regular in the Side
    Melbourne have been missing Todd Viney for a few years now!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    Great idea Steve. Can I suggest a new thread each week? Keeps it easier to read through if someone misses it. Just call it �RWO #AFL Round x weekend discussion thread� or something like that. Use the hashtag in front of AFL as it�s good for Twitter - all new threads started here auto-tweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sounds like a plan. Will do.

Veterans List
    Not even two games into the season and we already have many examples of the AFL's latest "@@@@ up of the week".....the 'invading the protected space' 50m hair trigger penalty.

What a load of irrelevant BS that is. Such a minor infringement, which on almost all occasions does not impede the player with the kick or affect the fairness of the game in any way.....being penalised with a potentially game changing penalty.

If there is a way the AFL can @@@@ up our game anymore, they will introduce it. It beggars belief....... The umpiring gets worse every season and the rules become a hotch potch of 'interpretations' that are so easy to abuse if one desires.....think 2016 GF. I'm getting really disillusioned with the current state of this area of the game and round one isn't even half over.......

Veterans List
    ......and Bombers beat last years runners up. Six goals to one in the last quarter. Could be a very interesting season. *Prays for improved umpiring*

Tom Mitchell. What a champion!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Watching the Hawks v Pies game, the Hawks are going to be a very dangerous team if they can stay fit. On the other hand, I really can�t see the Pies finishing higher than 12th which would be awesome with us holding the 2nd round draft pick.

Veterans List
    Suns 1 pt up at 3/4 time against Norf in a wet slog. Go Suns for Stuey's sake.

As for the Hawks/Coll game, couldn't care too much who wins but would prefer the Magpies to get up.......which looks currently unlikely. As much as I hate to say it, Clarkson is a master coach (for a former 'king hitting' fairly average player)

Senior Player
    Enjoyed the Bombers win, the come from behind at 3rd quarter is always good to watch.

Started Hawks/Pies before remembering I don't like either of them and didn't care. But hey, can we just beat the Hawks this year. That would be good.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast