Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Swans vs Eagles - match day thread

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by penga View Post
    I have to say that Shuey is quickly overtaking Selwood as my most hated player in the AFL. Little grub. Toby Greene is also a grub, but at least he isn't a ducker.
    So Selwood is the 'most hated player in the AFL'? Gee, I must have missed something. So a 'ducker' is worse than a 'sniper'? Let me also ask you this, would you rather be the victim of a 'ducker' or a 'sniper'?

On Shuey, it was nice to see him put on his backside quick smart after he had a go at Hayward after Will goaled, with Hayward then 'letting him know the score'......great stuff and yes, Shuey is also becoming a grub.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 27th March 2018 at 02:18 PM.

I'd like to see changes to the too high rule.
    When I was a kid, it was 'round the neck' and basically applied to coathangers.
    I think if there is clearly no intent, or if the arm slide up over the shoulder in a tackle, it's play on.
    Unless there is no intent and the accidental contact was potentially harmful.
    Most of the time it's an arm sliding up, usually as the opposition player is ducking, or unintentionally ducking in their action to gather the ball.
    Most of the time there is no real danger of injury to the player.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    Great umpiring of the high contact rule this weekend, I thought. I saw at least 3 or 4 decisions where a player dropped their shoulder or raised the arm to initiate contact and the umpires called "play on".

Umpires cop a fair whack online, so credit where it's due.
    Yeah, fair. This is true.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    So Selwood is the 'most hated player in the AFL'? Gee, I must have missed something. So a 'ducker' is worse than a 'sniper'? Let me also ask you this, would you rather be the victim of a 'ducker' or a 'sniper'?

On Shuey, it was nice to see him put on his backside quick smart after he had a go at Hayward after Will goaled, with Hayward then 'letting him know the score'......great stuff and yes, Shuey is also becoming a grub.
    Selwood is MY most hated. I've often fantasised about overtaking Gill as head honcho and suspending Selwood for a year for bringing the game into disrepute. I DESPISE the bloke!!

To answer your question, what would get me the most aggrieved is a ducker. A sniper will get his dues; recently, duckers have been rewarded. I hate it.
    C'mon Chels!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolie View Post
    I was impressed by Fox. Heeney played well which is encouraging. He looks fitter this year.
    If Heeney stays sound, he will make a huge difference to our chances. Absolute game changer with his marking, brilliant ball handling and vision. Almost every one of his disposals are telling.

Veterans List
    I read today that a sneaky person updated the Wikipedia page for the new Perth stadium and changed the owner of the stadium to Lance Buddy Franklin ????.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I read today that a sneaky person updated the Wikipedia page for the new Perth stadium and changed the owner of the stadium to Lance Buddy Franklin ????.
    Yeah, I tried posting a screenshot the other day but had my usual issues with image upload. You can view their work by looking at the old page versions, for example:

Perth Stadium - Wikipedia

Not that I approve of Wikipedia vandalism, but it's kind of funny

On the Rookie List
    as they say
    Here it is
    Attachment 2128

Attachment 2129

This one might work
    Last edited by Untamed Snark; 29th March 2018 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Added info
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415