Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: RWO #AFL Round 1 weekend discussion thread

Veterans List

RWO #AFL Round 1 weekend discussion thread

I thought it might be good to have a weekly thread where we can discuss non-Swan games and comment on live telecasts, because I want to comment on tonight's game....

What TF is going on? Carlton get the first five goals! I see as soon as I started writing this post, Richmond has kicked their first two. It was a real comedy there for awhile! Go Blues!

Good call, stevo. I am watching and had the same thought. Great idea!

I'm also rooting for the upset. Dusty is kicking beautifully. Great second goals by Curnow and Riewoldt.

- - - Updated - - -

It seem I tragically jinxed Dusty. Oh well.

By the bye, wishing Sam Murray a good game this weekend in his debut for the Pies.

Veterans List
    Two points in it now......seems only a matter of time. Lift Blues!

Senior Player
    It's a pretty good game isn't it. I like to see the opener go well, regardless of who's playing. Must be amazing to be at one of those big MCG games.

I'm not the biggest Blues fan but if they're going to have 6.1 first quarters this year, could be a very interesting season!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    It's a pretty good game isn't it. I like to see the opener go well, regardless of who's playing. Must be amazing to be at one of those big MCG games.

I'm not the biggest Blues fan but if they're going to have 6.1 first quarters this year, could be a very interesting season!
    I was at Swans V Hawks last year at the 'G, crap result but yes, amazing atmosphere!

Nice to see some high intensity football again, in front of a massive crowd. Hard to know who to go for though? On one hand, I wouldn't mind seeing Richmond having a bit of a fall this year. On the other hand, I don't really want Carlton to rise to a level higher than crap.

Veterans List
    This game remains very tight, not a bad contest.... good to see a close one to start the season. I still say 'Go Blues'.... don't worry deja, they'll still be crap.

Veterans List
    Not close in the end. Blues in the last quarter......pretty much crap. Bit harsh but I can see them being more competitive this year, finishing anywhere from 9th to 14th, although that's a very early call.

Senior Player
    Yes, both sides flagging and flailing by the end there, as usual for round 1.

It's fun making calls in the first week remember last year, all the early games were tight and high-scoring, "most open season ever", then it all settled down by week 6.

Still, you like to think there's some indication of intent and psychology from the outset. Will be interested to see how the Crows look, in terms of bouncing back from their GF loss. And people are saying GWS are almost overdue for a a good finals run...

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Was a pretty good game especially compared to previous years between those two.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Great idea Steve. Can I suggest a new thread each week? Keeps it easier to read through if someone misses it. Just call it �RWO #AFL Round x weekend discussion thread� or something like that. Use the hashtag in front of AFL as it�s good for Twitter - all new threads started here auto-tweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I thought the Hawthorn model was prominent - not so much the keepings-off but the run out of the back half that both teams performed well. If they can avoid injuries both teams are a real threat.
    As neilfws said, both teams were whacked but Richmond hung on longer, a disturbing quality for a team that had a harder season than most last year.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast