Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My Sydney to Sydney Journey has Finally Begun!! (Plus - some tickets available)

Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    Meg + other RWO members, if you have an idea that might merit some action by the club, shoot me a message if you have trouble getting in contact. I'm in regular contact with the media and membership team and can get things to the right people.
    Thanks Dan, this didn�t occur to me but I will certainly do this if relevant in future.

Still no excuse for the club to have an automated response that says they will be in contact within three days and then dead silence weeks later. I did not send them a nonsense email.

Veterans List
    Great story, really hope the club pick this one up, particularly as Canadians are in our blood!

On the Rookie List
    Hey guys!

Thanks for all the kind words in this thread. It has made me feel really good.

The Swans have contacted me and I will be talking to them on Sunday.

My wife and I have arrived - it was a long trip but we are so happy we are here.

PS I would love to meet Mike Pyke LOL

On the Rookie List
    Oh - and so you guys know. I am in Australia for three weeks and will be attending the GWS game and the game vs. the Bulldogs at Eithad Stadium so plenty of opportunities to say hello

This whole thing is pretty cool.

Welcome to Australia DC Enjoy your time at the SCG and Etihad

Add my voice to the welcome and to the appreciation of the story. Enjoy the game on Sunday�I'll wave from the O'Reilly Stand on the opposite side of the field. Swans by 23.

Welcome to warm, sunny Sydney from a much cooler, less sunny Madrid! Pleased you have made it, now to get over jet lag ready for the big match. Sad I will miss it, the first for the year at SCG is always so exciting.

Go Swans!

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Welcome to warm, sunny Sydney from a much cooler, less sunny Madrid! Pleased you have made it, now to get over jet lag ready for the big match. Sad I will miss it, the first for the year at SCG is always so exciting.

Go Swans!
    Take a day trip to Toledo if you haven't already done so. The cathedral and its paintings are fantastic. The Burial of the Count of Orgaz by El Greco, in the Church of Santo Tom� is one of my all time favourites.

Maybe email Neil Cordy at News and contact Chris Bath on Twitter she�s a Swans ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Take a day trip to Toledo if you haven't already done so. The cathedral and its paintings are fantastic. The Burial of the Count of Orgaz by El Greco, in the Church of Santo Tom� is one of my all time favourites.
    Thanks Ludwig, I went to Toledo on Tues (so did zillions of other tourists!) and yes the cathedral and El Greco are amazing. As are the Prado, the Thyssen-Bornemisza, the Reina Sofia, the Caixa Forum, the Royal Palace .......! The art here is extraordinary. Still thinking about the Hieronymus Bosch �The Garden of Earthly Delights�.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Thanks Ludwig, I went to Toledo on Tues (so did zillions of other tourists!) and yes the cathedral and El Greco are amazing. As are the Prado, the Thyssen-Bornemisza, the Reina Sofia, the Caixa Forum, the Royal Palace .......! The art here is extraordinary. Still thinking about the Hieronymus Bosch �The Garden of Earthly Delights�.
    I too find Bosch amazing, especially considering he did these kinds of paintings around the year 1500.

On the Rookie List
    Not the game result we wanted but had a great time at the SCG today! it was so great to finally see a game in person.

But the Swans themselves made it extra special for us today. A member of their marketing department brought Alex Johnson with him and presented me with a Swans jumper signed by the entire club. It is an incredible gesture that I feel emotional thinking about as I type this.

Also let me say that Alex is a super nice guy who took time to speak to both my wife and I. A super class act!!

Between that and starting the day watching the sun rise over Sydney Harbour, this is truly a day that I will never forget!

Bring on GWS next weekend!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast