Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My Sydney to Sydney Journey has Finally Begun!! (Plus - some tickets available)

Pleased you and your wife had a good day. Sad the Swans couldn�t win, hope next week will be the full deal!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyCaper View Post
    Not the game result we wanted but had a great time at the SCG today! it was so great to finally see a game in person.

But the Swans themselves made it extra special for us today. A member of their marketing department brought Alex Johnson with him and presented me with a Swans jumper signed by the entire club. It is an incredible gesture that I feel emotional thinking about as I type this.

Also let me say that Alex is a super nice guy who took time to speak to both my wife and I. A super class act!!

Between that and starting the day watching the sun rise over Sydney Harbour, this is truly a day that I will never forget!

Bring on GWS next weekend!
    Great to hear you ad a fantastic day! Great gesture about AJ and the Swans jumper - and lets hope the boys can get the job done next week so you get to see a win!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Not the game result we wanted but had a great time at the SCG today! it was so great to finally see a game in person.

But the Swans themselves made it extra special for us today. A member of their marketing department brought Alex Johnson with him and presented me with a Swans jumper signed by the entire club. It is an incredible gesture that I feel emotional thinking about as I type this.

Also let me say that Alex is a super nice guy who took time to speak to both my wife and I. A super class act!!

Between that and starting the day watching the sun rise over Sydney Harbour, this is truly a day that I will never forget!

Bring on GWS next weekend!
    That�s awesome mate, top class of the the club to do that. Glad you and your wife had a great time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

No mention of RWO.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    It's a pretty good article, to boot. Loved reading some of the history of Australian football in Canada, albeit brief.

I notice it's written by the new Swans media dude. Maybe we can hope for a gradual lift in the overall quality of material on the website (especially if Mr Gates learns of the existence of the NEAFL team).

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    It's a pretty good article, to boot. Loved reading some of the history of Australian football in Canada, albeit brief.

I notice it's written by the new Swans media dude. Maybe we can hope for a gradual lift in the overall quality of material on the website (especially if Mr Gates learns of the existence of the NEAFL team).
    Leave me out of this!
    Very deep and personal stuff.
    Maybe even Top Secret.

Sounds like a job for Zuckerberg.

bill-gates.jpg

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Please tell me you were definitely there for the win over the Giants, Davey!!!!

On the Rookie List
    Oh I was there!! Sitting on the wing in the O'Reilly Stand..

Absolutely loved being at the SCG! I knew about the unique traditions (for this North American anyway) of AFL/ Australian Rules Football (going through the banner, the club songs etc.) but I just love them even more experiencing them in person.

I have been to a few Canadian and American stadiums and arenas in my days but I did like the SCG. The different stands are different than what we see in the Western Hemisphere and it makes for a bit of a maze like situation getting anywhere but the vibe is very cool! With all the Swans banners on the walls, it adds to the atmosphere of the place as well. As with most of our time here, the people at the matches have been nice and courteous (except maybe to umpires haha) and generally we have been so impressed with the people here. The views from both the Brewongle and O'Reilly stands were great.

I am still surprised by how little attention the NEAFL game gets. I think the doors did not even open until after the game started (at the time we were waiting for the Clearance trailer to get their credit machine working so we didn't go in as the doors opened as planned). We did like the activities outside though and pre-game has a very fun vibe. Transportation to and from the stadium using public transport was flawless.

Also notable for me was how accessible players are - last week I saw Sam Reid walk by me, Allir Allir standing around after the game, Zac Jones in the Brewongle VIP area (where the toilets are located). This week saw Michael O'Laughlin after the game and saw Buddy Franklin walk to the stadium before the game. Grand total number of pictures of this - zero LOL. I have to be content with the picture with the Buddy Franklin cardboard cutout LOL

Kick to kick last week was an interesting experience as well. Kids and grown men kicking balls in every direction. It would never be allowed in North America because it would be considered dangerous. I was glad though go to get a picture of me on the bench and going through the interchange gates!

Some of you won't like this but my wife and I enjoyed singing along to Sweet Caroline. Generally found the game presentation less in your face than most North American sports games. Enjoyed singing the Swans club song after the GWS game much more however!!!

Got a bit emotional leaving the SCG last night knowing that it will be the last time that I will be there for a long time but all being well it will not be the last time.

Veterans List
    Fantastic we had a win for you against a quality side with great rivalry and that Buddy turned on some magic for you.

Enjoy your trip to Melbourne and hopefully a win against the Dogs. Safe travels.

Senior Player
    I wasn�t there this week sadly but glad you got to experience the joy of the song after a victory and the walk on the hallowed turf of the SCG

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Oh I was there!! Sitting on the wing in the O'Reilly Stand..

Absolutely loved being at the SCG!.
    Firstly, congrats on your first win at the SCG! I'm glad the team managed to win for you after last week's disappointment.

I think the doors did not even open until after the game started
    A long-running complaint has been the fact the SCG Trust schedules the opening of the gates 5 minutes before the first bounce. What made it worse yesterday was that there was a delay that resulted in the gates only opening 2 minutes before which meant if you weren't at the head of the line you would have missed the first few minutes of the NEAFL game.
    Some of you won't like this but my wife and I enjoyed singing along to Sweet Caroline.
    Well I guess nobody's perfect

Got a bit emotional leaving the SCG last night knowing that it will be the last time that I will be there for a long time but all being well it will not be the last time.
    Hopefully a final.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast