Quote Originally Posted by DaveyCaper View Post
Oh I was there!! Sitting on the wing in the O'Reilly Stand..

Absolutely loved being at the SCG! I knew about the unique traditions (for this North American anyway) of AFL/ Australian Rules Football (going through the banner, the club songs etc.) but I just love them even more experiencing them in person.

I have been to a few Canadian and American stadiums and arenas in my days but I did like the SCG. The different stands are different than what we see in the Western Hemisphere and it makes for a bit of a maze like situation getting anywhere but the vibe is very cool! With all the Swans banners on the walls, it adds to the atmosphere of the place as well. As with most of our time here, the people at the matches have been nice and courteous (except maybe to umpires haha) and generally we have been so impressed with the people here. The views from both the Brewongle and O'Reilly stands were great.

I am still surprised by how little attention the NEAFL game gets. I think the doors did not even open until after the game started (at the time we were waiting for the Clearance trailer to get their credit machine working so we didn't go in as the doors opened as planned). We did like the activities outside though and pre-game has a very fun vibe. Transportation to and from the stadium using public transport was flawless.

Also notable for me was how accessible players are - last week I saw Sam Reid walk by me, Allir Allir standing around after the game, Zac Jones in the Brewongle VIP area (where the toilets are located). This week saw Michael O'Laughlin after the game and saw Buddy Franklin walk to the stadium before the game. Grand total number of pictures of this - zero LOL. I have to be content with the picture with the Buddy Franklin cardboard cutout LOL

Kick to kick last week was an interesting experience as well. Kids and grown men kicking balls in every direction. It would never be allowed in North America because it would be considered dangerous. I was glad though go to get a picture of me on the bench and going through the interchange gates!

Some of you won't like this but my wife and I enjoyed singing along to Sweet Caroline. Generally found the game presentation less in your face than most North American sports games. Enjoyed singing the Swans club song after the GWS game much more however!!!

Got a bit emotional leaving the SCG last night knowing that it will be the last time that I will be there for a long time but all being well it will not be the last time.
Awesome you got to see a win last night mate - it was a great night at the footy I thought, good tough contest and our boys got the job done! Lets hope for another win for you next week in Melbourne at Etihad