Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: My Sydney to Sydney Journey has Finally Begun!! (Plus - some tickets available)

On the Rookie List

My Sydney to Sydney Journey has Finally Begun!! (Plus - some tickets available)

Hello all,

I sit in Pearson Airport in Toronto, Ontario, Canada - the first (and shortest) leg completed of a long desired journey from my Sydney (Nova Scotia, Canada) to the Sydney that is home of my beloved Swans. My excitement is getting higher to finally see AFL in person. All being well, I will be at the SCG this weekend! I just have to get through a five hour flight to Vancouver then a 15 hour flight from Vancouver to "your" Sydney. I have no doubt it will all be worth it. Nothing worth having happens without some sort of fight and between the trip there and last year's planned trip being cancelled because my wife couldn't get the time, there have certainly been a fight. Australian rules football has become a big part of my life (I am heavily involved in a local group, possibly the only active group in North America without any Australians involved and I have for the last year been on the executive of AFL Canada) yet I have not seen a game in person, of any sort, 18 a side.

I will be in Brewongle on Sunday - if you see a guy and his wife with a Canadian flag come say hello, it will be me

I do have some extra tickets in Trumper Stand Section 318 which I previously bought that I am willing to part for below face if anyone is interested. If you are, send me a private message.

Looking forward to cheer cheer the red and the white at the SCG!!

Wouldn't it be great of some of the more connected fans were able to arrange some kind of special experience.
    Having travelled all that way and all.
    Enjoy your stay and the game, and remember to whack a small Canadian flag on your backpack or whatever bag you may have to reduce being accused of being an American.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    Wouldn't it be great of some of the more connected fans were able to arrange some kind of special experience.
    Having travelled all that way and all.
    Enjoy your stay and the game, and remember to whack a small Canadian flag on your backpack or whatever bag you may have to reduce being accused of being an American.
    Been to the states a number of times. Always been treated well and know a number of Americans here and never had a problem with them. Same with Canadians. Hope you have a great time.

Senior Player
    How exciting to hear that you�ll be at the Port Adelaide game this weekend. Maybe you�ve told the story of how you came to love the Swans and Aussie Rules footy in general before but I haven�t seen it and I would love to hear that story.

Our regular seats are in bay 318 so if you had ended up sitting there I would have said hi for sure.

Blog Entries
    Well, a BIG welcome to Sydney DaveyCaper and wife.

I'll be up from Melbourne for the game as well.
    I'll also be in the Brewongle stand, not sure of the area. I sit with a friend and her crew. I've never noted the numbers, I just follow along.
    Let me know what section/seats you are in and I'll try and hunt you down.

Hopefully the boys can put on a great show for you (and the rest of us)!!

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Davey, welcome in advance mate. I love how our non-Aussie offshore fans are as passionate about the Swans and this sport as we are. It also takes a special kind of dedication to follow the sport closely from so far away and get involved in promoting the sport itself.

Hopefully we cross paths on Sunday.

Cheers, Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Veteran Site Admin
    I know Meg (who is overseas at the moment and won't be back for the Port game this weekend) is planning a pre-game get together with DavyC before the Giants game the following weekend. (I am not 100% sure if she's actually organised this with Davy yet, so I hope I'm not overstepping the mark by mentioning it).

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Been to the states a number of times. Always been treated well and know a number of Americans here and never had a problem with them. Same with Canadians. Hope you have a great time.
    Yeah me too.
    But on my travels, particularly in Europe, I noticed that most Canadians have flags on their bags.
    They told me that this was because they were always asked where in the USA they were from.
    You can usually discern a Canadian by the way they aren't smothering their food with cheese.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Have a great trip Davey and Mrs C. I hope we can say hello on the day.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Welcome to Sydney! I hope you had a good flight - I have done the trip between Toronto and Sydney quite a few times and it is a punishing journey. Unfortunately I won't be in town this weekend, but enjoy the game, it should be a cracker. It's a very different experience at the ground at better even than watching on TV. Hopefully Buddy puts on another clinic like he did last time I saw us play Port at the SCG.

I�m currently in Madrid (where at last the weather has become warm and sunny) so sadly will miss the Port match (though will be following online of course). I notice there is a members� function after the Port match. If any of you plan to go, perhaps you could invite Davey and Mrs Davey to go along with you?

As Liz mentioned I hope to catch up with them myself when I get back to Sydney.

Go Swannies!

Long Term Injury List
    What a wonderful thing to have such passionate overseas supporters.
    Hope you have a great time Davey & MrsC. I'm Melbourne based so won't be at the game but I will be looking for that Canadian flag on the TV coverage.

Enjoy Sydney Australia and more importantly I hope the Swans put on a good show for you.
    Go Bloods!!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast