Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: RWO #AFL Round 2 weekend discussion thread

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    This is the worst game of football I�ve seen since our draw against the Saints at the same venue in 2002.

Not the best advertisement for Good Friday footy.

Veterans List
    It's not good is it ugg. 3.10 to 2.10 early in the third quarter. Neither of these teams is going anywhere good this season. I did think the Saints would progress this year but it appears not......

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    It's not good is it ugg. 3.10 to 2.10 early in the third quarter. Neither of these teams is going anywhere good this season. I did think the Saints would progress this year but it appears not......
    Yes, I watched for about ten minutes, before checking the draw, to see when we get to book in the wins. Round 7 for North and Round 12 for the Saints.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    This is the worst game of football I�ve seen since our draw against the Saints at the same venue in 2002.

Not the best advertisement for Good Friday footy.
    Awful quality match. Stainers seem to have gone nowhere fast over the summer, backwards perhaps. And we all know Lol@Norf were going to be garbage this year as well.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veteran Site Admin
    Hard to fathom that the Saints could be that poor. North Melbourne did OK for where they're at as a club, but it's not like they had an awesome day out that just blew the Saints off the ground (as they did against the Crows last season in Hobart). But such a lack of response, or any semblance of skill, from a team that fancies itself as a finals chance was hard to understand.

Steven is a good player (although not at his best today) but after him, they really are a pretty 'meh' side. Lots of solid foot soldiers but very little pizzazz.

Senior Player
    I reckon the saints are really struggling to adjust to playing without Nick Reiwoldt. Over the last few years his play up the wing and in the middle was more important than his forward game and the are directionless without him.

They won�t play finals this year and will go backwards

Veterans List
    Couldn't understand the hype about the Saints for the last couple of years. Wasn't surprised they missed the finals last year and didn't expect them to challenge for a final eight spot this year either. But to get thrashed by potential wooden spooners North?

Disappointed the serial stager Rance didn't get done but it's probably a warning to him to cease with the exaggerated theatrics that so lowers his standing in the game in my eyes, just play real football.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Couldn't understand the hype about the Saints for the last couple of years. Wasn't surprised they missed the finals last year and didn't expect them to challenge for a final eight spot this year either. But to get thrashed by potential wooden spooners North?

Disappointed the serial stager Rance didn't get done but it's probably a warning to him to cease with the exaggerated theatrics that so lowers his standing in the game in my eyes, just play real football.
    The Rance duel was fascinating. He�s a very talented player who plays right up to / over the line until the umpires penalise him.

He�s not the best one on one and the Crows put Jenkins on him to expose him by (1) outbodying him and (2) stopping him leaving his opponent and going into other contests... but in the second half he changed opponents and was one of their best players.

The moral of the story is: even all Australians play to their strengths and have significant weaknesses which can be exposed and exploited.

I'm quite enjoying the Suns giving Carlton a bit of a hiding. Looks like another year of mediocrity for Carlton. Awww.

I hope the sun's make the finals this year and dew ends up being a good coach.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I'm quite enjoying the Suns giving Carlton a bit of a hiding. Looks like another year of mediocrity for Carlton. Awww.
    I'm enjoying it too! Long may the Blues languish at the wrong end of the ladder!

Great to see Dewy's boys get their 2nd win!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast