Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 79

Thread: RWO #AFL Round 2 weekend discussion thread

  1. #13
    Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Chucked into the ruck
    Posts
    14,593
    This is the worst game of football Iíve seen since our draw against the Saints at the same venue in 2002.

    Not the best advertisement for Good Friday footy.

  2. #14
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Castlemaine, Vic.
    Posts
    2,741
    It's not good is it ugg. 3.10 to 2.10 early in the third quarter. Neither of these teams is going anywhere good this season. I did think the Saints would progress this year but it appears not......

  3. #15
    Senior Player dejavoodoo44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    2,296
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    It's not good is it ugg. 3.10 to 2.10 early in the third quarter. Neither of these teams is going anywhere good this season. I did think the Saints would progress this year but it appears not......
    Yes, I watched for about ten minutes, before checking the draw, to see when we get to book in the wins. Round 7 for North and Round 12 for the Saints.

  4. #16
    Travelling Swannie!! mcs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    4,996
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    This is the worst game of football Iíve seen since our draw against the Saints at the same venue in 2002.

    Not the best advertisement for Good Friday footy.
    Awful quality match. Stainers seem to have gone nowhere fast over the summer, backwards perhaps. And we all know [email protected] were going to be garbage this year as well.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

  5. #17
    Veteran Site Admin
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    13,508
    Hard to fathom that the Saints could be that poor. North Melbourne did OK for where they're at as a club, but it's not like they had an awesome day out that just blew the Saints off the ground (as they did against the Crows last season in Hobart). But such a lack of response, or any semblance of skill, from a team that fancies itself as a finals chance was hard to understand.

    Steven is a good player (although not at his best today) but after him, they really are a pretty 'meh' side. Lots of solid foot soldiers but very little pizzazz.

  6. #18
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Sydney South
    Posts
    1,218
    I reckon the saints are really struggling to adjust to playing without Nick Reiwoldt. Over the last few years his play up the wing and in the middle was more important than his forward game and the are directionless without him.

    They wonít play finals this year and will go backwards

  7. #19
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Crowland :-(
    Posts
    3,369
    Couldn't understand the hype about the Saints for the last couple of years. Wasn't surprised they missed the finals last year and didn't expect them to challenge for a final eight spot this year either. But to get thrashed by potential wooden spooners North?

    Disappointed the serial stager Rance didn't get done but it's probably a warning to him to cease with the exaggerated theatrics that so lowers his standing in the game in my eyes, just play real football.

  8. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Couldn't understand the hype about the Saints for the last couple of years. Wasn't surprised they missed the finals last year and didn't expect them to challenge for a final eight spot this year either. But to get thrashed by potential wooden spooners North?

    Disappointed the serial stager Rance didn't get done but it's probably a warning to him to cease with the exaggerated theatrics that so lowers his standing in the game in my eyes, just play real football.
    The Rance duel was fascinating. Heís a very talented player who plays right up to / over the line until the umpires penalise him.

    Heís not the best one on one and the Crows put Jenkins on him to expose him by (1) outbodying him and (2) stopping him leaving his opponent and going into other contests... but in the second half he changed opponents and was one of their best players.

    The moral of the story is: even all Australians play to their strengths and have significant weaknesses which can be exposed and exploited.

  9. #21
    Senior Player dejavoodoo44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    2,296
    I'm quite enjoying the Suns giving Carlton a bit of a hiding. Looks like another year of mediocrity for Carlton. Awww.

  10. #22
    I hope the sun's make the finals this year and dew ends up being a good coach.

  11. #23
    Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    616
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I'm quite enjoying the Suns giving Carlton a bit of a hiding. Looks like another year of mediocrity for Carlton. Awww.
    I'm enjoying it too! Long may the Blues languish at the wrong end of the ladder!

  12. #24
    Great to see Dewy's boys get their 2nd win!

    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO