Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: RWO #AFL Round 2 weekend discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    I never wanted him to leave in the first place. I think he would fit well in our side that if anything lacks a little dare off half back. Yes he makes some errors but he's also only played 2 senior games. Who knows what player we'll get with a 2nd round pick...
    Fair enough. I�m no expert on Sam Murray but I personally doubt that he would be playing in our side at the moment and he would be sweating on injuries for an opportunity. From the limited vision I�ve seen of Sam, I don�t see that he offers anything more than what we�ve got with Jones, Fox, and Stoddart. Ling is also likely to have these attributes but who knows. Therefore, I am happy with the trade in that we get the chance of a top 25 talent in a good draft OR have plenty of points to land Blakey. We won�t really know who wins this trade for a good few years but I�m more comfortable with our side at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    Fair enough. I�m no expert on Sam Murray but I personally doubt that he would be playing in our side at the moment and he would be sweating on injuries for an opportunity. From the limited vision I�ve seen of Sam, I don�t see that he offers anything more than what we�ve got with Jones, Fox, and Stoddart. Ling is also likely to have these attributes but who knows. Therefore, I am happy with the trade in that we get the chance of a top 25 talent in a good draft OR have plenty of points to land Blakey. We won�t really know who wins this trade for a good few years but I�m more comfortable with our side at the moment.
    Fair call as well as he more than likely probably would be playing NEAFL with us still. Don't get me wrong, the club pulled off a fantastic trade getting a 2nd round pick for an un-tried player. I agree that hopefully Ling and the others will offer similar if not hopefully a better similar type player. I look forward to seeing how the trade pans out in future years!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Freo about to defeat Essendon....... it's a funny game.

GWS can ill afford more injuries with scully adding to Williams and setterfield as potentially season ending injuries. Add that to Wilson, Kennedy, Johnson,Smith and Mumford leaving last year and I think their depth will be seriously tested. I like Lobb but he got totally towelled up by grundy today and the next in line is Dawson Simpson who is a spud. It will be really interesting to see how they go over the course of this season

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Carlton, lots of buoyant hype last week after scaring the Tigers but this is a team that always gets ahead of themselves, drank their own bathwater during the week, were pathetic today, bottom 4 beckons.
    The Blues were really buoyed with the amount of goals they kicked from 50s last week, with Richmond continually encroaching the protected zone. Not one commentator I saw through the week mentioned it once.
    C'mon Chels!

Quote Originally Posted by Papernick View Post
    GWS can ill afford more injuries with scully adding to Williams and setterfield as potentially season ending injuries. Add that to Wilson, Kennedy, Johnson,Smith and Mumford leaving last year and I think their depth will be seriously tested. I like Lobb but he got totally towelled up by grundy today and the next in line is Dawson Simpson who is a spud. It will be really interesting to see how they go over the course of this season
    Lobb doesn't have the build to beat the better ruckmen of the comp, but his around the ground agility and marking are handy.
    Two stretcher cases from one game. Brutal!

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I for one do not begrudge the players the money they are paid. They do put their body on the line every time they cross the white line.

Lobb doesn't have the build to beat the better ruckmen of the comp, but his around the ground agility and marking are handy.
    True, though being #1 ruckman he is much less effective in general play and seem to take less contested marks. They�ve got a few issues at the moment I thInk

I agree that Lobb was very good with his high marking around the ground. It was the one area where GWS took the height advantage. His ruck work was poor, but he should have the perfect build for a ruckman, so I find it surprising. He's bulked up a bit this year. It will be interesting to see how he goes against Sinclair.

I empathise with Broomhead. Kicking a goalpost is something I would do. The Scully ankle injury looked awful the way it got completely contorted under his body.

Collingwood and GWS both have really bad luck with injuries. If you take the injury situation into consideration, I think the Pies have the worst list in the comp. They have so much invested in older non performing players, yet they only have a handful of decent players under 25. It looks like a very long road back for them.

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    I know we got a 2nd round pick for this years draft off of Collingwood for Sam Murray but everytime I watch him play I see something that we have been lacking for many years, a player who takes the game on with his pace and kicks it long from half back.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Doesn't Newman naturally do that? I suspect we don't see as much of that from him because he's been told to alter his game style.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Okay, I'll be the first to say the unclean words, "Go the Pies".
    Don't forget, we want them to finish bottom this year so our 2nd pick is as high as possible. The fat campaigner is going to be spewing ???? .

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Don't forget, we want them to finish bottom this year so our 2nd pick is as high as possible. The fat campaigner is going to be spewing ???? .
    Yes, but I can imagine a best of both worlds situation, where the Pies finish bottom and their only wins are against GWS and Hawthorn. Possibly one or two more, against Essendon and Carlton.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast